20 | let the games begin

The sun peaked into my bedroom, through the small space in between my dark curtains

The sun peaked into my bedroom, through the small space in between my dark curtains. Opening my eyes, I examined my surroundings, feeling the warmth of Odell's body on top of me.

"Good morning." He mumbled, his eyes still closed.

"Good morning."

Sliding from under him, I escaped to the bathroom. It was clear Odell was getting all the sleep he could get, so I used the bathroom and showered.

Thinking of last night, I couldn't help but smile or blush to myself. I didn't want to get excited too fast and psych myself out, but it felt good to finally have something to smile about.

But I couldn't help myself but to get in my own head. I hope he wasn't just using me for sex. What if he came over here for that?

I had to calm myself by answering my own questions. It wasn't planned. And if he did, he would've left by now.

After I showered, I wrapped my body in a towel and covered my hair in a plastic cap. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before opening the door to see an empty bed.

Walking out of the bathroom, I scanned the bed before yelling his name.

Oh no.

Speeding out of my room and down the hall, I stopped once I arrived in the kitchen. Seeing him leaned over the counter. I didn't even catch on to the sounds of cooking, the various pots on the hot stove, and the smells of bacon and eggs.

Spotting his air pods in his ears and his phone propped up against a container on my counter, I decided not to interrupt. He continued to talk, not even noticing me behind him. I backed up and quickly ran back into my room.

"Why am I like this?" I asked myself while getting dressed in lounge clothes. I rushed to do something simple to my hair, which consisted of a high puff and bangs, since my hair fairly short in the front.

"Baby?" Hearing his voice, I poked my head out of the bathroom, seeing him standing in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Yeah?"

"Got a extra toothbrush?"

"Mhm."

Following me back into the bathroom, he brushed his teeth and washed his face with the products I had.

"I mean, you're more than welcome to shower but I don't have any male clothes here."

"Nah, Ima head home since I got practice in a couple of hours." He explained, throwing his used washcloth in the laundry basket. "But I appreciate you for the thought. I love this look on you by the way." He laughed, poking my plastic cap." 

"Shut up." I snatched it off, running my fingers through my wet hair. 

"C'mon in the kitchen, I made you breakfast."