6 | can you blame me?

collage of Chris and Anais in MM section. 

Having date nights were always my thing

Having date nights were always my thing. I loved the idea of setting time aside with your partner to enjoy their company, outside of the normal chill nights. It was time to de-stress, time be romantic. Chris felt the same, so we usually picked Thursday nights as our night. We took turns choosing what the exact plans were. Some of them ranged from movie dates, dinner, to picnics and even arcades. We didn't do them much since we weren't exclusive, but we enjoyed each other's company and we are friends that love hanging out together.

However, with school going back in session, and the Browns starting camp, we started to fall behind. Chill nights at either of our homes were becoming the bare minimum.

Tonight, we made time for each other. While at work, I told him we needed to see each other. It was times like this when I could see myself with him the most. When I craved his presence, his attention, I knew I was slowly falling for him. I hadn't seen myself like this in years, and I liked it.

Holding hands, we trailed downtown Cleveland. String lights and building signs lit the streets as we attempted to find our next destination for dinner.

"Work was good?"

"Yeah. The kids are really getting their lines down. I'm just worried about the logistics of things. You know, making sure props come in that we don't already have, the flyers are good, that stuff."

"Ahh, you got it. You can do that shit in your sleep."

I shrugged, not feeling like I could. This was my first time directing a musical, and I felt a lot of pressure to make sure everything was near perfect.

Sensing my silence, he looked over to me and we stopped walking. "Hey, I know you won't listen to me, but don't stress yourself out. You got this." Kissing my cheek, he moved closer to me.