Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Mandy: 
Six weeks later

"Don't forget to bring my scripts, I need them for Monday!" Adelaide sighs frustrated but calmly lays her head on Edwards's shoulder.

Oh yes, Adelaide and Edward made it official about a month ago. It was big news in the entertainment world, it was even a segment of a newspaper article. Because Edward is the adopted son of Ezekiel Dragomir all kinds of rumors spread, even Nick was brought into the equation.  Some even said it's odd for Nick to be single since he's the number one bachelor in the business industry. I only get annoyed when they speak of him. I for one haven't seen him in six weeks, I just kept replaying everything over and over in my head trying to make sense of things. 

"Andy! Stop spacing out." Adelaide calls out to me.

"You're okay Ands?" Edwards asks with a worried expression, "You don't like Harry Potter?" 

"No, no I do… I'm just tired from work." I wave dismissively at them. "I will always… love Harry Potter and the Wizarding World," I say.

"You work too much." Adelaide says.

"I need to work." I snap.

"You need a vacation, you haven't taken any vacation of what I'm aware of."

"I'm good Adelaide… I have important things at work to be attentive to," I smile. "Speaking of which, I need to finish some tallies." 

"Say something to her," Adelaide turned to Edward who simply shrugged at her. 

"Speaking to the wrong Dragomir." 

"That's right!" Adelaide sat up straight. "Just speak to-Nicks-Nick!"

"I'm not doing such a thing." I roll my eyes. "He's busy and we're in high season… can not be helped." 

"I'll talk with him," Edward smirks as if he solved the problem, he didn't know he's creating a worse one.

"No." I snap firmly. "I'm going to bed gotta wake up early… both of you sleep well and turn off the lights!" I walked to my room and firmly closed the door behind me. 

I looked over to my phone and saw it was only 9:32 pm, what am I going to do? Should I read something? Maybe on Webtoon or WebNovel to pass the time? So many options. 

I'm late! I walk at a dangerous speed considering the type of heels I wore today; I woke up late due to being up till one in the morning reading Let's Play from Webtoon and Disamore from WebNovel. I also wore an incredibly tight long-sleeved navy dress that reached my knees but if I walk too fast or I sit for too long my skirt will rise. I only wore it because it was the first thing I found in the case of this morning.

"Andy!" Carlos calls out to me handing me my cup of coffee.

"I could kiss you!" I say while taking a sip of my delicious coconut milk double espresso coffee from Starbucks. 

He laughs and opens the main door for me. After passing security we fast-paced to the elevator, once we reached the sales department I was singled out by Mr. Fox.

"You're not supposed to be here." He says while directing me to his office.

I am in panic mode, did something go wrong while I slept? Did I turn in a wrong report? Did my team not meet the quotas? Did the numbers drop? Did we lose some big exporters I importers? Am I being fired?? Mr. Fox closed the door and told me to sit.

"Am I being fired?" I said almost in tears.

"Fi-fired? What? Why would we fire you? You're not being fired, Ms. Fletcher…"