Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Mandy: 

Ding Dong! 

I took a bite out of my sandwich while peering out my peeping hole to see who is at my door. I see a delivery man holding a bunch of boxes. Probably Adelaide ordered some things and just forgot to tell me about it. I open the door and smile at the delivery man who handed me a device. 

“Sign here please.” He says pointing. 

I read quickly but cocked my head to the side when I read my name. “It says my name.” I mummer out loud. 

“That’s how these things work Miss.” The guys handed me the boxes then took the device once I signed for them. 

“Who are they from?” I ask. 

“I do not know, there isn’t a return address of what I am aware of, good day.” He tips his hat and off he went. 

I close the door looking at the all-white boxes tied with neatly white bows. I searched for a note, once I found it I placed the boxes down on my bed. I take a bite of my now squished sandwich.

Mandy,
I hope these find you well. Thanks to your friend Adelaide, I no longer have to guess your dress size in which I can already imagine the scowl on your face as you read this. Please be ready by six, I have gifted you everything you will need for tonight’s festivities. 
-Nick

This man! If he wasn’t so full of himself I would think this is actually very adorable. This is Nick who I am talking about, he’s technically blackmailing to do this stupid date. It’s not a date! 
I looked over at the clock on the wall and saw it was five: three in the afternoon, I might as well go get ready and get this over with. I took a quick shower then got my underwear on and stood with a towel on my head looking at the pristine white boxes on my bed as I bit my nail. Is it going to be like one of those auctions in the movies where rich people got all dolled up to just buy antiques? If it’s, I am scared to open these boxes and see what he wants me to wear. I’m also contemplating if I should even wear what he got me. Wait… He bought me these, the last thing I could do is open and see what they are. I sigh and open the small show bow to reveal a very plain looking dark emerald green heels with red soles. I opened the box and saw a card: Cosmo 100 metallic-trimmed PVC and patent-leather pumps Christian Louboutin.  Please tell me I read that wrong… I don’t own any other Christian Louboutin shoes! I put the shoes neatly on my bed making sure not even my bed sheets scratch them. I am excessive at some points. I opened the smaller box and saw there were three different small jewelry bags and a big jewelry box. Obviously, I opened big to small: the big box was a simple gold necklace that had a big dark green emerald and in the bags were the matching earrings, bracelets, and a ring. Lastly the big box, I know this is a dress since Nick put it on the note, I just hope it isn’t anything fancy.

I gasp the moment my eyes lay on the dress, I almost felt unworthy of touching, I read on the collar ‘Zuhair Murad’ and plopped myself on my bed. I took out the gown and was amazed at the beauty this dress is: Off-the-shoulder Metallic silk-blend, gown in emerald green with off-the-shoulder silhouette complete with dramatic cape. I can’t believe I am touching this. I quickly googled the dress and saw it sold for  $9,470. This doesn’t even feel real! I decided to do my hair and makeup before I got dressed; nothing too much, I just did a simple eyeliner and mascara and a nude lip color with lipgloss, I put on the dress and shoes. As I put on the jewelry I noticed there’s another thing in the box where the dress was in. I pull it out and it’s a matching handbag. There’s a joke in this I know it. 
given me. 

“I promise.” 
Ding Dong! 

I look over to my clock and see it's five fifty-seven. That must be Nick, my heart raced but I kept my calm. I opened my door and was taken back by how attractive Nick looked. His long dark brown hair is loose and just above his collar-bone, his dark green suit is of the same texture as mine but a lot darker and shinier. He's a very good looking man, even with long hair, it completes his look.