Body, Heart And Soul

(Hope you like this story, which follows its own rhythm, undeterred by the fragman)

The moment his father said Eda's name, Serkan could see his world crumbling, as if the dams had burst and there were waves of water surging mountain high upon his little world, sure to wash them away while he tried to save their relationship somehow. He got up shakily and stumbled to his home, ignoring Seyfi who called after him, unseeing of Sirius who bounded up to welcome him and Serkan went straight to the shower, where finally under the full stream of water he gave vent to the huge tearless sobs that wouldn't stop. He cried with pain, guilt, with sorrow and with love.

He had been so self sufficient for so long, so in control and so much the leader, that Eda was virtually the first to have breached his wall of self- sufficiency. He hadn't even had a chance to explain to her how possessive he was about her, how he wanted every bit of her time, because she was his own. Yesterday night was the first moment he felt he belonged to her completely, body, heart and soul; And now for this to happen. Even now her imprint was everywhere, in the small nip of her teeth on his shoulder, rapidly turning reddish purple, in the blossoming of desire, which refused to satiate and in the memory of how good she had felt all soft curves, yielding to him more than halfway.

But Serkan was Serkan for a reason, an intensely practical and pragmatic man. And after he had exhausted his emotions, the first thought that rose in his mind was doubt. He had to confirm the story of Eda's parents for himself and he scrolled through his phone booking a private investigator to look for the information for him. He still had to get to work because Efe was still working in the office that day, Engin wasn't there, Selin had to be constantly motivated and he was still the captain of the ship. He drove quickly to pick Eda up knowing she would be waiting for him. He felt impossibly angry with life for cheating him of the first time he had known such complete love.

At the sight of her, resplendent in a grey and yellow outfit, looking impossibly pretty, his dark mood lifted somewhat. She looked happy and content, her smile full of the remembrances of the night she had spent and not got over yet. At the door to the office, he felt her hand slip into his, her long graceful fingers entwining with his, in a reversal of that he had done a day back. This time it was she who wanted to claim him as her man. He looked down into her doting eyes and felt the morning was turning a little more cheerful.

Still all through the day he kept the doors of the meeting room open, wanting to see her every few minutes as if reassuring himself that she was still there. His attention was totally on the fact that his father's story might really be true and he brooded the moment he found a free minute. He hated this waiting game, being on tenterhooks every second, waiting for an answer. Yet if the result was that she would leave, he would play this waiting game for a long time. He felt he was waiting for an answer, to his doubts, and even more than that, to how strongly did she love him, would it be enough to fight this revelation? Should he even fight? Would she simply leave without a glance back? Was he just a summer romance for her? How true was this feeling they had between themselves? How big was it? He tortured himself thinking of worst case scenarios, trying to pick the least hurtful.

Towards the evening Selin came in and as they conversed for a long time, discussing the problems of the holding, Serkan was a little taken aback when Eda came in with a file of scaled drawings she was working on. He was aware that Eda was a bit insecure about Selin around him; in fact, being insanely jealous and competitive for Eda's attention he always assumed she would be the same too. At this point of time he didn't want to give her any reason to feel upset with him. Yet as they looked at Eda, she was serene and unperturbed.