chapter fourteen.

Her eyes widened, growing extremely nervous as she noticed the new marking. It was a circular-type marking that was a dark blue, waved going through it like the ocean. It burned slightly, but it mostly had a tingly sensation.

It emitted a light blue glow, slightly growing larger as it was exposed to the light. It circled around the wound, the stitches starting to fade slightly as the glow grew brighter.

(Y/n) stared down at it, whimpering out, "That wasn't there before..."

Yosano leaned down, getting closer to it as she pointed with her gloved hand. "It looks like your wound is healing. It seemed to have opened up when you stressed it out, the blood rushing because of an elevated heartbeat."

Yosano was correct as to say the wound was healing—but she failed to mention that the wound was healing almost fifteen times the normal speed. The stitches popped out like the cork on a champagne bottle, falling to the ground as the bleeding suddenly stopped.

"What the hell..." (Y/n) reached her hand down to touch the mark, her finger getting a cool, tingly sensation as she did so.

"Has this happened before, (Y/n)?" Yosano inquired, standing up to meet (Y/n)'s face. "I've never seen anything quite like this before..."

"Never. I've never seen anything like this happen," (Y/n) answered, not looking up from the mark. "At least, not that I could remember."

Suddenly, a wave of exhaustion washed over her. Her eyelids started to grow heavy, her body just wanting to lay back and fall asleep. Without even realizing, she had grown limp and caused Yosano to catch her as she began to fall off of the table.

"(Y/n)!" she exclaimed, catching her as she passed out. "(Y/n)? (Y/n)?!"

Yosano's attempts to keep her conscious were futile, her body having already made up its mind as she was brought into a deep sleep. Yosano put (Y/n) back up on the table, laying her back as (Y/n) began to lightly snore.

She chuckled. "If you were tired, you could've just said so."

It's so cold, like a cool shower is just washing over me and I wasn't ready for it

It's so cold, like a cool shower is just washing over me and I wasn't ready for it. (Y/n)'s eyes flickered open, finding herself in a grassy plain.

It was baren, just an endless field of uncut grass and wildflowers surrounding her in every direction. A light shower washed over her, the clouds covering the sky as thunder rumbled in the far distance.

She looked down, realizing that her leg no long felt wet from the blood. Her wound was completely healed, not even a scar was there. Her leg and boot were clean, the trace of blood not even there nor the feeling of it dried.

Where am I? What is this place? she thought, looking around as she stood up. How did I get here? Wait a minute... am I dead?

A tingly sensation suddenly washed over her body, (Y/n) growing confused by the sudden feelings she was having. It was both frightening but comfortable at the same time, it was like something inside her was finally ready to show her something she hadn't seen before.