chapter four.

The trio walked into the destination—an old brick warehouse that had clearly been abandoned long ago. Kunikida pulled the doors open, letting them in as they entered the metal-smelling building. He walked up to a large door, ringing the office doorbell and prompting an electronic lock to open and allow them in.

"C'mon in," a young voice beckoned, the door opening for them.

The room they entered was filled to the brim with machinery and computer screens, fans whirring around them and making a buzzing sound. A young boy, probably only fourteen, greeted Kunikida, "Heya, Four-Eyes. Still religiously following that little book of yours?"

Kunikida can't deny that... (Y/n) looked from the boy to her blonde coworker. Is he really going to try? If he does, I think I'll have to step in and say something myself.

"Is that really the tone you want to take with me, informant? If we hand over the evidence we have on you, like we should, you'd be looking at ten years in prison. And that would break your late father's heart."

"Don't you dare bring my dad into this," the boy responds, venom lining his words.

The young boy, Rokuzo Taguchi, had a young appearance. He had cropped hair, big eyes, and a white sweater that looked like it had never come off. He might've been young and small, but his vision could easily cut a person in half within a second.

He sort of reminds me of Hinami, (Y/n) thought to herself as she looked at the young teenager. He seems like he'd be somewhat weak but he has this threatening and cutting stare. Although I doubt he could throw Kunikida across the room—he still has a slight resemblance to her.

"Anyway," Rokuzo gets back to the point, his more lighthearted voice returning, "it's not like you to be late. What, were you on a 'date' or somethin'?" This prompted him to make a circle with one hand and shoving a finger into it with the other, his eyes quickly darting towards (Y/n) and back to Kunikida.

It took almost all (Y/n) had not to burst out laughing right then and there. Oh my god. If Kunikida doesn't dispute this, I swear I'm going to start cackling. Or I might just slap him cause he was totally looking at me when making that gesture.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I only plan to go on dates with the woman I marry. And according to the 'Future Plans' page in my notebook," he pulled out his notebook, flipping through the pages, "it's going to be another six years before I get married."

"Hold up," (Y/n) cut in, not too surprised but still curious about his response. "You've already got a girl you want to marry?"

"Yes," Kunikida replied, closing his notebook and turning to (Y/n). "But I don't plan to ask her out for another four years."

"Uh-huh..." Rokuzo nodded, skeptical by the response. His jaw then dropped when he realized Kunikida was dead serious.

"Take a good look, lad," Kunikida continued, turning back to Rokuzo. "I live according to my ideals and schedule. That's what it means to be an adult."

(Y/n) turned back to Dazai, sharing a similar 'what the hell?' look with him. Not that they were surprised, it was just such a tedious and thought-out plan. A smirk crossed Dazai's face, his hands going up as if he were about to make the same gesture Rokuzo had been doing. (Y/n) shook her head, grabbing his hands and pushing them down quickly.

Rokuzo then pointed to Dazai and (Y/n). "Who are these two? I've seen the girl before, but not that guy."

"I'd love to introduce myself," Dazai starts, putting his hand on his chest in a slightly dramatic manner. "But I'm afraid of the sass I'll get from Kunikida afterwards."