5

"ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!" y/n yelled as he shook his cousin.

"n-no?" y/n scoffed before pulling him into a tight hug.

"you scared me half to death" y/n sighed into his cousins brushed out curls.

"at least we got kacchan back," y/n smiled softly.

"you know izuku," y/n softly caressed izuku's hair as he kissed the top of his head. "you're gonna be an amazing hero one day."

"i'm already an amazing hero."

"listen here you little shit-" y/n put izuku into a chokehold while he repeatedly slapped y/n's arm as an attempt to make him stop. "don't get cocky with me"

"y/n don't kill my son," inko sighed as she watched the two from the doorway.

"no promises," y/n finally let his younger cousin breathe. "anyways i should get going. don't wanna keep sunako waiting. apparently she bought a cat while i was gone."

y/n pressed a kiss into the crown of izuku's head and tightly hugged inko before leaving.

y/n walked out of the apartment and put his headphones on so he could listen to ricky montgomery.

while english wasn't his first language, he picked up on it from bad romcom movies from america and music that he took a liking to.

as the sun set, y/n walked down the street with 'mr loverman' playing fairly loudly.

playing music on a high volume was a guilt pleasure of his.

humming them softly was also a guilty pleasure.

music made him feel like the main character in a world where he was a background character by default.

about half way through the song, y/n felt his phone ring. it was an unknown number, she figured it was a new employee asking for something since boss often gave out his phone number to newly joined workers.

"hello?" y/n spoke into the microphone of his headsets.

"y/n" the deep voice sighed out in relief on the opposite end.

"oh you've got to be kidding me," y/n rolled his eyes are he turned the corner, his apartment building now in sight. "how did you even get my number?"

"how do you think your roommate got the cat?" y/n heard movement in the background but ignored it.

"i'm surprised she gave you the right number," y/n shook his head. he will definitely be yelling at sunako later tonight.

"if i talk will you listen?" dabi's voice was soft. he knew rejection could come at any moment, he didn't want to risk angering y/n.

y/n sighed. toya todoroki was the one thing he yearned for more than anything in the world. not a quirk. not money. not even fame. toya. but he wasn't the same. y/n knew that toya was dead to dabi.

"fine," y/n began speed walking towards the door as he reached for his keys. "on the phone or in person?"

y/n reached the door and went to unlock it but noticed that it was open and there was a man standing in front of him.

"i was hoping we could do this in person." y/n heard the call hang up and his music resume playing.

"fine, your apartment." y/n avoided any eye contact as he pressed for the elevator.