7

"inko! i'm home!" y/n yelled as he entered his aunts house, hands full of bags that held the groceries.

he had been spending more time with his family the past few weeks since sunako was visiting her family for the month and he hated being alone.

"y/n!" izuku's face lit up as his older cousin walked into his room.

"hey kid, y/n made eye contact with the other boy in the room. "who's your friend?"

"oh! this is shoto todoroki, he goes to my school." y/n bit his lip and cursed in his head.

"well it's nice to meet you todoroki," y/n held out his hand and the younger boy shook it. y/n knew he was dabi's brother, he had seen pictures of both the brothers in the past.

y/n looked at the notebooks and textbooks on the ground and figured the two were studying. which made sense, ua seemed to be one stressful high school.

"well i'll be out of your hair, i'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

y/n waved to the younger boys as he closed the door behind him and made his way towards the kitchen to help inko with the groceries.

y/n put away the food in its respective place as he hummed a soft melody, balling up and putting the plastic bags into a drawer as he went.

y/n heard the izuku's door open and the two boys quickly exit after.

"what's up?" y/n asked. he noticed todoroki was zipping up his backpack.

"todoroki has to meet up with his mom soon," izuku explained as todoroki nodded and walked towards the door in order to put on his shoes.

"aw i was just about to make dinner," inko frowned slightly.

todoroki bowed and apologized quickly

"she's kidding dude, calm down." y/n chuckled as he finishing putting away the groceries. todoroki nodded and nervously laughed.

"see you monday, todoroki." izuku stood by the door way and waved at his friend.

"goodbye," todoroki smiled awkwardly as he waved and walked out of the house.

"he seems nice." y/n smiled at izuku.

"i'm working on getting him to actually hug me for once," izuku sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"you know," y/n made his way to his younger cousin and placed his arm over his shoulder. "i think if you give him enough time, he'll warm up to you." izuku nodded.

y/n jumped slightly as he felt his phone vibrate. he reached for it in his pocket and saw that dabi was calling him.

"sorry," y/n quickly made his way towards the bathroom. "gotta take this." y/n closed the door behind him.

"hello?"

"y/n," dabi spoke harshly.

"what did i do something?" y/n teased slightly.

"not this time, just checking up on you."

"aw how romantic," y/n could hear his soulmate roll
his eyes. "i'm doing alright. but i did meet someone today."

"really?"

"yeah, i met your brother."

"natsuo?"

"nono the younger one, shoto."

"how the hell did you even run into the kid?"

"well," y/n began to mess with the strings of his sweater. "you know how i'm staying at my aunts house? well my cousin had his friend over and what do you know! his friend is your brother."

"well is he still over?"

"nope. he had to go meet up with your mother." y/n noted that the line fell silent. "hello?"

"i'm still here," dabi sighed.

"what's wrong?"

"nothing, i just," dabi began to fill with frustration. "i've been wanting to see her for so long now. i don't think i could face her."

"dabi i'm sure your mother would love to see you again." y/n spoke in a soft voice.

"i don't know, maybe one day."

"that's okay!! you don't have to see her today! or anytime soon. it's whenever you're ready, yeah?"

"yeah," dabi smiled to himself.

"well, i should get going."

"wait," y/n smiled softly. the two hadn't talked for a bit since life seemed to be pulling them apart as the weeks went on. "when can i see you again?"

"no idea," y/n sighed.

"you're so difficult," dabi scoffed. y/n only laughed and shook his head.

"i'm going back to my place within a week, i'll see you then."

"you'll be worth the wait."

"since when are you the romantic one here?"

"since i haven't fucking seen you in what feels like years,"

"i meannnnn..."

"don't you fucking dare bring that up"

"low blow, yeah?"

"sure," dabi hung up before y/n could apologize.

y/n frowned at his phone before he received a text from dabi.

-

dabi
'i'm not actually mad
don't waste time worrying about it'

y/n
yeah i figured :]

dabi
so see you next week?

y/n
yep!
cant wait to see u <3

dabi
well duh it's me

y/n
block my number.

dabi
you wound me y/n

y/n
suck my dick dabi :|

dabi
gladly ;)

-

"Y/N GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE BATHROOM I HAVE TO PEE!"

"IZUKU DONT SWEAR AT YOUR COUSIN!"

"SORRY MOM!"

y/n started laughing as he turned off his phone and left the bathroom.