2

"(Y/n)'s not telling us something," Dean broke their silent walk to the diner. They knew that talking about this in front of their sister wouldn't do any good, as she would most likely snap back with something snarky. "She's been..."

"More irritated than usual," Sam finished, immediately agreeing with Dean. They were quick to notice her change in attitude, as she was usually open with everything she felt, showing it too. "But it could also be that you sold your soul when I died," he added bitterly.

Dean scowled. "She showed that she was upset about that- you saw the black eye when you woke up." He rubbed under his eyelid at the memory, (Y/n)'s angry expression crossing his mind. "This is different, you and I both know that, don't try and change the subject."

Their conversation stopped when they reached the diner. The bell rang as they opened the door, looking around for their sister.

"Drive safely now, Mr. Picket," a cashier told an older man, Mr. Picket, as he handed him some change.

The older man waved a hand in the air while pocketing the change with the other. "Yeah, yeah." He pushed past Sam and Dean quietly, not even muttering an 'excuse me' as he passed.

A rough-looking man was sitting at the diner's bar, reading a newspaper quietly. "Can't stay unless you order something, Cal." A waitress told the man. "You know the rules."

Cal dropped some change onto the counter, pushing it towards the waitress. "Some coffee." She nodded and took it, pouring some black coffee into a white cup.

The brothers saw their sister remove her phone from her ear, a pained look crossing her face, but that faded when they came into view. Dean slid in next to her while Sam took a seat opposite them.

Dean sighed as he squinted at the menu on the wall. "Hey, Tuesday." He grinned at Sam and (Y/n), pointing at the day's special. "Pig 'N A Poke."

Sam looked at the special's description, then back to his brother "Do you even know what that is?"

Before the oldest could reply, the waitress who had served Cal, her name tag reading 'Doris' approached the booth, taking out a notepad and pen. "You guys ready?"

"Yes," Dean spoke first. "I'll have the special, side of bacon and coffee." He smiled at the waitress with a nod and looked at his brother, who spoke next.

Sam shifted in his seat. "Make it two coffees and a short stack."

"A third coffee, with sugar packets and some creamer." (Y/n) added. Black coffee was a no-go, as she had developed quite the sweet tooth after meeting Gabriel.

Doris wrote it all down then looked back at the female Winchester. "Anything else?" (Y/n) shook her head, not feeling particularly hungry. "You got it." She clicked her pen waltzing away to give out their order, leaving the three alone once more.

Dean was the first to speak once more, looking out the window with an arm thrown around the back of the booth. "I'm telling you, Sam, this job is small-fry. We should be spending our time hunting down Bela."

(Y/n) shot a 'seriously?' look to Dean. "How can we? We have no clue where she is." She couldn't help but feel incredibly salty, two situations that annoyed her. Perfect.

"Look," Sam leaned forward, pulling a newspaper from his jacket. "Believe me, I want to find her as bad as you do, in the meantime, we have this." He lifted the newspaper, then slid it over to Dean. He and (Y/n) had already looked at it before, as they were the ones to pick up the case.

The headline read MISSING - DEXTER HASSELBACK LAST SEEN IN BROWARD, FLORIDA. An older-looking man smiled under it, the name DEXTER HASSELBACK written under it."Alright, so this professor..."

"Dexter Hasselback was passing through town last week when he vanished," (Y/n) cut in, looking down at the paper.

Dean handed the newspaper back to Sam. "Last known location?"

"His daughter says that he was on his way to visit the Broward County Mystery Spot," Sam replied, pulling a pamphlet from his coat and giving it to Dean.

The pamphlet was a pale yellow with bold black words supposedly reeling people in: "Where the laws of physics have no meaning?" Dean read aloud, looking down at the equations splattered under it. He looked at his siblings, who only shrugged in response.

Dorris arrived before anyone could say anything further, holding a tray with their coffees. "Three coffees- black," she said as she gave them each their coffee, along with a plate full of different brands of sugar packets and creamer to (Y/n). "And some hot sauce for the-" the tray tipped, making the hot sauce bottle slip and crash to the floor. "Whoops! Crap." She gasped and smiled sheepishly at the three. "Sorry." The siblings nodded, smiling to let her know it was fine. "Cleanup!"

They drank their coffee silently, not acknowledging one another while doing so- until Dean found a conversation that needed to be had.

"You've been acting a little... strange the past few months," Dean pointed out to his sister, who had gone through her fifth sugar packet and third cup of creamer. "Is everything okay? Or is it your time of the month...?"

Bitch-facing Dean while testing her coffee, their little sister nodded. "I'm fine, Dean. Just... I'm just worried about a friend of mine."

Sam shifted in his seat. "The one you were on the phone with?"

"Yeah. He hasn't been answering my calls. It's just a little annoying." That was as far as she was going in her explanation. "Nothing for you two to be worried about."

Her brothers decided to drop it, part of (Y/n)'s tone suggesting they do that. They noticed that there was a partial truth to it, as they could usually tell when she was lying.

But neither of them were aware that they had not received the entire truth.