Prologue

Note: THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY ON MY LAST PROFILE- I STILL HAVE COMPLETE OWNERSHIP! DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME STEALING THE BOOK!

"We're soulmates."

(Y/n) opened her mouth to speak, but closed it when nothing popped in her head. She only gave the archangel a questioning look, to which he nodded his head. "You... Me..." Nope. She lifted the glass to her lips and drained the rest of her Jack Daniels.

The archangel was not surprised by her reaction. He expected nothing less. "Last drink (Y/n). You have any more all I'm going to tell you will slip out to your brothers." He watched her expression transition from confusion to surprise, then back toward confusion.

"Every angel to exist has a soulmate, no matter what they've done, or who they're bound to be. I'm surprised that Dad put us together, to be honest with you... which I can only be at this point."

There was silence, but (Y/n) was quick to cut it with a load of questions. "Why does it surprise you? Is there something wrong with who I am?" Perhaps it's because I'm a hunter and he's... an angel?

Gabriel shifted in his seat. "Well... it's a little weird, but um... angels finding their soulmate is a super rare thing. I've actually forgotten the fact of having one until you and your brothers showed up." He chuckled lightly, as it had been a millennium since God created him and the world.

"So... remind me why I can't tell my brothers?"

"Witness protection (Y/n)." The archangel repeated. "My brothers have no clue where I am. Right when Luci and Mike had a problem, I jumped." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I didn't want to see my brothers fighting... Anyway, if you were to tell your brothers-- all Hell would break loose, and that would be a poor choice." (Y/n) pursed her lips, thinking everything over. "Knowing who I am would alert my brothers, and they would find a way to kill me- resulting in killing you. Sam and Dean also a tad bit protective over you, am I correct?"

He wasn't wrong at all. Any other hunter that stole a glance at (Y/n) was told to back off. The last man that had spoken to her was snapped until he left. As much as it annoyed her, that's the thing about being the only girl and the youngest: overprotective big brothers.

"Dean doesn't believe in a higher power, Gabriel... but after the stunt, you pulled in the auditorium..." the archangel nodded, whiskey eyes lowering to the floor guiltily. He was just trying to do his job. "You could've killed them both, and they'll see that as a huge threat."

Gabriel snapped his fingers, guilt leaving his expression quick. "Bingo. Them knowing would be a problem on both of our accounts. So," he faced (Y/n) and held his pinkie out. "We need to keep this between us, for both of our safeties. Can you do that?"

Y/n) looked down at his finger. She would be lying to her brothers, something rare in her life. And the last thing she wanted to happen would be this secret blowing up in her face.

There was nothing more to do than intertwine their pinkies, "I can."

What (Y/n) Winchester did not know was that making that promise would force feelings and changes to erupt through her body that could cause problems.