Chapter 9

A/N: Phew, sorry for taking forever. Life is crazy--what else is new? lol. I promised to get this chapter out before I did anything else, and here you all are! :D Hope you like it and I think it's safe to say that chapters from here on our will be long (just like this one! XD) Enjoy and thanks for reading! ^_^

Usual warning of languge...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She continued to frown as she continued to sense being followed down the halls of the academy. It was her moderately soft sounds of her feet hitting the wooden floors against the heavier and much clumsier sounding feet of her stalker. She’d turn a corner and the following feet would do the same. It was starting to really get on her nerves. She rolled her eyes and bit at her lip in irritation as she spun around so quickly that anyone watching would have whiplash.

“Either stop following me or I’ll send you home with missing teeth.” She threatened a familiar man with hair much darker than her own.

He smirked, happy to have caught the young woman’s attention and equally annoy her. She deserved it after what she had done to him during their first meeting. “The names Ren—”

“I know who you are. What I wanna know, is why the hell you’re following me? Don’t you have a little dark-haired princess to follow and be beaten up by?”

Renji’s face went sour with rage, as he now held up a fist. “Shut up and leave Rukia outta this!”

Isako rolled her eyes. Didn’t he catch that she was insulting him mostly? Oh well, she at least got his fur bristling. “Aw, is she your girlfriend or something? Don’t want her to get hurt?”

Renji went beat red. “N-no! She’s not my girlfriend!” He stuttered, gaining Isako’s interest now.

“The way you act around her, she sure seems like she is.” She couldn’t help it; she wanted to keep the guy squirming. He deserved it after all, though, she was still interested in the reason he was pestering her in the first place. Their first encounter was days ago and she had done well to avoid him and even that Rukia.

“She is not!”

“I highly doubt that.”

“Shut up already!”

“You started it.”

“No way! You did!”

“Right, so who was following who first then?”

Renji promptly shut his mouth, his cheeks tinting pink as he looked away from Isako now.

‘Ha! Idiot.’

‘I could have told you that’ Cut in her sword.

‘Oh shut up…pesky bug.’

‘Wouldn’t that make you one then?’

“Ugh, would you just…shut…up?! I’m in the middle of something!’ Isako just couldn’t get any peace today, could she? First Renji and now her Zanpakuto.

“I, uh…” Renji’s voice brought Isako back to the real world as she now stood impatiently. “Well…um..”

She rolled her eyes, thoroughly annoyed by both him and her Zanpakuto. “Spit it out already. You’re making me miss lunch and last time I checked, I don’t speak caveman.”

Renji bowed low at the waist. “Iwannaapologizefortheotherday!”

“Erm…Uh?”