Chapter 3

Her red eyes peered from behind the broken sliding panel and widened in fear as the monstrous hollow lifted a young boy, one of her adoptive brothers, by his neck. He tried desperately to break free from the monster’s grasp, screaming and crying. She quickly closed her eyes with a small whimper as soon as the Hollow laughed out and brought a sharp claw down, stabbing the boy through the chest.

‘Isamu…’ She muffled her sniffles, trying to continue to stay hidden.

The entire shack of a home she and her three adoptive siblings shared was in ruins. And now…everyone was dead.

‘It’s my fault…it’s all my fault!’ She continued to cry inside, ‘If I hadn’t…I shouldn’t have brought him home!’

With a gasp, she looked up to see the hollow staring down at her with a deadly glint in its eyes as a wide smirk found its way across his mouth. “I always did love your eyes. Give them to me won’t you?!”

Her panicked breathes became more and more sporadic as her eyes shook in fear of the monstrous claw reaching out for her. ‘Say my name…’ she heard a strong male’s voice, order. Her eye widened in surprise and confusion as she had heard his voice.

“Your eyes, give them to me!” The hollow’s claw shot out to her face.

‘SAY IT!’

She finally screamed as she brought her arm across her face in fear. “Sasori Shippo!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Isako sad up in bed with a gasp and clutched her face as though she could feel the Hollow’s claw making contact with her flesh, attempting to rid her of her eyes. After several moments of scared, shaking breaths, Isako slid her hands down her face and wrapped them around her knees as she brought them up to hug.

“Why…? Why all of a sudden…did I have…that dream?” She whispered as she felt her face becoming wet with her tears.

She looked over to her left and looked down at the Zanpakuto lying next to her in bed; its sheath and its sandy brown hilt glowing in the moonlight. She then placed her left hand on the weapon and brought her right hand back up to her face, to rest over the right side of it and allowing her fingers to space out over her eye.

‘Trust no one…have no one…’

Isako’s eyes narrowed in irritation and she removed her hand from the sheathed blade. “Shut up and leave me alone for once.” She growled as she roughly lay back down, with her back to her blade.

She then heard the voice giving a dark chuckle as she felt herself drifting back to sleep, hoping to spend the rest of the night free of nightmares.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The sounds of writing hummed steadily throughout the room in the morning of the next day. A small yawn sounded from the corner of the office, but Tossen gave it no mind as he continued his paperwork, finding that he was almost done as he had finished most of it the day prior. He knew though, that it wouldn’t really be the end of it; another heavy stack was sure to make itself present before too long. It was when he heard another, much louder yawn, that he stopped in his work, tilting his head to his right to where he sensed the owner of all the yawning.

“Tsuchiya, perhaps you should go find something productive to do instead of falling asleep in my office.”

He could hear the surprised gasp of his 3rd Seat followed by the sound of something dropping hard to the ground (his 3rd Seat no doubt).

“C-Captain, sorry! I just had a bit of a hard time sleeping last night. I’ll go somewhere else if I’m bothering you.” Isako apologized and offered as she lay, face down, almost, in a stack of old magazines and old files that had long been taken care of.