Chapter 29: Idea

I dream about the you know.

Every night that Grant is not with me, I always wake up screaming crying and shaking. He always walks into my room and cradles me in his arms and I always feel useless and vulnerable.

Probably because I am.

I've been staying in my room for the past week, I don't know why but when Grant isn't here he asks this very nice guard named Rick to watch me and a maid named Gabrielle who I help cook and cleans at times even when she says she's fine.

I haven't had much appetite either I've been missing some meals during the day and when I am eating with them all I just pick at my food.

They even used little Ethan to make me eat, he would come into my room and tell me to eat because he said that he wanted all of us to grow big and strong and that if I didn't show him he would follow me and miss meals.

Of course I knew they were manipulating the little guy but I still eat a little, those clever tricksters.

I haven't been to school yet, to be honest I haven't really had a problem with school well except Chelsea (remember she's the one who bullied Angelica before she moved) but nothing compared to Abby she is like the harsher meaner Chelsea.

I ask Val to take notes for me and tell me what they did on the day so I spend my time revising since I'm a sucker for my grades.

Grant says that when I do decide to go back he's arranged for all his lessons to match mine, I don't really know how I feel about that.

I bake cookies and feel the need to go outside maybe my swing I haven't seen the thing in ages and maybe its good for me to get some fresh air.

I would love to go alone but since that would upset my mate I decide to politely ask Rick if he could join me, he says yes since it is his job.

Rick is actually a very social and open person he's sweet and funny he definetly knows how to make me feel better and he starts really interesting conversations.

He is around 30 and he tells me stories about his wife and children, I love his stories because most of the time he tells me that he dies of panic attacks when his kids get out of hand.

I pack my backpack with cookies and random things I probably won't need but bring anyways.

I show Rick my swing and he's looks up as if he's never seen it before.

"Close your mouth or else you'll catch a fly or two" I chuckle he faces me again with a smile.

"I've never seen this before"

Now I'm surprised.

"How could you not see it? Its smallest branch is 30 feet high!" I exclaim surely this is the biggest tree here!

"Eh bad eyesight?" he shrugs.

"Your only 30 and you don't wear glasses or contacts" I accuse.

He scratches the back of his neck and smiles sheepishly "Okay maybe I'm just oblivious".

"You got that right" I tease.

I start climbling and he just stares at me like I'm crazy.

"Relax I've done this before"

I swing, admiring the nature that surrounds me, I forget that Rick is here until I hear his stomach grumble, he is currently sitting down, his back against the tree.

"Sorry" he mumbles and I look down to see a small touch of blush on his cheek, for a guy that looks like hulk he sure has a different personality.