Chapter 43

Just a little recap:

I crossed my arms over my chest "Look I don't have enough time for your stupidity, so excuse me" I say pushing past her.

She chuckles lowly "So grumpy, maybe that's why your mate kissed me. I mean I know you saw and I wouldn't blame him. Who would want a pathetic excuse for a werewolf like yourself when he can have the best female warrior in a different pack."

That stopped me right in my tracks, my blood boiling into an unnatural temperature, my fists curled into a tight ball that I was pretty sure my whole hand was white from the force.

I slowly turned around and gritted my teeth, staring into her plastic barbie face.

"What did you say bitch?"

-----

"You heard me didn't you" she challenged, " unless deafness is another one of your weaknesses"

My calm demeanour was nowhere to be found but instead I was filled with complete fury and rage.

"Atleast I'm not a fake blonde bimbo whore" That smacked the smirk right off her face " Unless your just a weakling under all that makeup and toughness" I provoked.

The tension between us was thick, a crowd of girls gathered around us.

Some from The Shadow Kiss Pack and some from Andrew's pack who I still need to find the name to I heard whispers around some cheering for us to fight and some warning me not to fight, calling me luna.

People from the pack were not half bad once I got to know them, they treated me higher up since I was their future luna and leader. But even the strongest most influential person on this earth couldn't stop me from taking this challenge on.

"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is" she provoked "You and me in the Warrior ring.

The old me would have backed down and cried but this she-wolf was pushing her limits.

"Bring it on"

------

Grant's POV.

I can't do it.

It's killing me to keep secrets, I'm telling Angelica the next time I see her.

I don't care if she's mad, upset or on the verge of tears. I made a promise to her that we would tell the truth no matter what and even if it meant that she would despise me, I would rather have that than be called a liar.

As I was walking to the changing rooms Valerie was about to go the other direction when Andrew comes jogging towards us.

His face blank but his eyes held some angry touch to it.

Before I could even comprehend what he was going to do, he swung his fist to my face A deep growl filled the room, it was a bad idea hitting a alpha.

"What the hell was that for!" I growled anger was radiating off in waves from me and from him as well.

"That was for being a dick towards Angelica." I momentarily looked confused at him but it was gone as soon as it came.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I answered.

He seemed to get more agitated "So what about the kiss on Abby?"

Shit.

"Any explanation?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"None of your business" I scowl "Now I have better things to do, it was a mistake".

I knew he didn't mean anything bad, but the alpha in me kept saying I didn't have to explain myself to him.

"Didn't seem like it, tell me what's going on" he asked sort of nicely but protectiveness leaked into his voice I took a deep breath.

I gave up since bickering with will only get worse and he's an asset so I told him "Dark magic. She was using some sort of compulsion over me."

His face morphs into shock "But no ones used dark magic since..."

"I know. We're investigating but for now me and Angelica aren't on good terms and I need to be truthful. I'm going to tell her" I tried to walk away but he grabs my arm and I look at Val and Luke with relieved expressions since I'm going to tell her.

"For the love of the Goddess let me go so I can tell her.

" No need, she knows"

My mouth slacked, things just got worst.

"She saw everything, she was devastated but it did something to her" he had the look of sorrow but he continued "She broke, but she didn't at the same time. Something became weak yet something got stronger as well.

As I was trying to figure out a solution two warriors approached us, one of them from my pack and the other from Andrew's pack.

"Alpha's there's a fight you need to see"  Me and Andrew look at each other briefly.

"This fight can sort itself out, we have something to attend to first" I dismiss.

The other one speaks nervously "They're in the warrior ring."

That got my full attention, but before I could order anything Andrew beat me to it.

"Where?"

-----

"What is the warrior ring?"
Val asks as we run to the warrior ring.

"It's dangerous, you need to stay by me at all times" Luke says protectively.

"Why?" She asks.

"Old ruthless training before David Liveth. A fighting ring controlled by good and evil magic. Two wolves fight to the death or until one forfeits. It depends on the ring, if it sees darkness in you it will embrace it battling to the death. But if it sees goodness it will let you forfeit." he explained "The ring decides your fate, people have died in there, it was even used as torture. Only one will come out healthy, the other will be hurt not in just one way. Physically and mentally. Some die after a few days even if they survive the ring the injuries are severe.

  "Dark and good always battle, both dark your dead. Both good then you both leave." Andrew adds.

"But what if there is both darkness and good in the ring"

"Then whoever has the upper hand can decide the fate of their opponent."

I finish.

********

I've managed to fix this chapter! Woo hoo.... Now the rest 😒.

I'm sorry for the delays but its difficult to retype everything.

Please Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18