Chapter 18: Kevin

My mind is processing everything so slow, it's rushing with emotion, thoughts and worry. Out of all the people, it has to be a stubborn, obnoxious, jerky alpha!

My mind finally finishes and I just remember I'm in his arms. Double shit.

I quickly step out of them regretting it, the cold air hit me and I just want to jump back into his arms again, but right now that isn't a choice.

Damn it, I don't like my next decision either.

I walk away through the crowd leaving him there still dazed.

Yup I regret it.

I need time to think, these things don't happen everyday, crap, crap, crap. It's all I think, how am I suppose to react? I find my mate who I've always believed that I would never meet and if I did meet him he would be someone low down who isn't considered important.

Gosh. I'm making my way through the sweaty bodies and I check back to see if anyone is following me, he's out of sight. I'm thankful. I just want to go home, my mate is not real it's just a dream, I try convincing myself. You are going to wake up!

I start to walk through the dance floor and I feel completely sober, swearing that I'll never go to a place like this again, I try to look for Val but she's nowhere to be found, oh great. The time I need her she disappears the day's I wished for her to leave me alone has great timing.

Where am I suppose to go now? What if she's still here, I can't leave her.

VAL WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?

I text her hoping to get a reply (that's if she's sober), Ugh I'm not waiting here anymore. I decide to get some fresh air and just wait for her in the car.

Damn it. I forgot the way to the car, Val told me to park a few blocks away because you can't get a parking space since it's so popular, but that involves me and Val walking through a dark alley way, Yay!

Note the sarcasm.

I'm so going to scold Val when I get home. I make a mental note.

I step outside and feel the cold wind gush around me, I clutch my jacket tighter trying to keep my warmth, I think I went left, or was it right? UGH. I just try to remember where I went and just go with my gut feeling, I finally reach the long dark alley way after 30 minutes of wandering.

Here goes nothing.

I walk through the alley way, it has very little light and did I mention it was just me crazy enough to go through here, I swear I saw a dead body in that trash can, I don't bother to investigate and I don't look back. A chill rushes through my spine, I hate this so much.

I feel cautious any sudden movements I spin to see what it was. I hear a low growl from behind me, I quickly spin and see Kevin staring at me with a smirk.

"Hello," he breathes, he definitely had some alcohol "I never did get that dance" he smiles lopsidedly.

"I don't think you'll get it anytime soon" I hiss.

"Like I said, your a feisty one. I Iove it." he mocks, as he runs his fingers through his bleached blonde hair.

"Oh and don't worry I have something better planned for you" he adds.

What?

"What do you mean?" I try to sound confident but instead it sounds shaky and weak.

He smirks even more, how is that possible? "Something like this-."

He quickly uses his werewolf strength and speed and shoves me on a wall, the impact was so hard it knocked all the air out of my lungs.

I'm literally struggling to breathe.