ꕥ Chapter Nine

Jeno woke up with strong arms wrapped protectively around his body, he looks up as he felt the person groan from the movement and nuzzled his nose on the hybrid's hair.

The blond gasps to see it was Jaemin who was in deep sleep right beside him and remembered the incident from last night.

He squirmed on his spot making the werewolf open his eyes, "let go, please," Jeno said with tearful eyes as he whispered.

The alpha raised a brow but did it anyway once he saw the hybrid tearing up. Jeno moves back almost falling off the bed as he trembles.

"I-I'm sorry, I wa-wasn't supposed to be near y-you," he said hastily. Jaemin reaches a hand towards the hybrid's face but stops as the latter flinched, "p-please don't do it, I-I'm sorry!" He cried.

Jaemin sat up and frowns when the boy sobs with his legs pulled up to his chest and arms covering his face which was on his knees, his ears were flat as his tail was lowered.

The alpha slowly approaches the hybrid who heard the shuffling of the bedsheets and looked up. He then pulled the covers to shield himself, "no! Please, I don't wanna! S-stop!" He screams with his eyes shut.

Jaemin was already in front of him and places his hands on Jeno's cheek, cupping his face as he wipes the tears with his thumbs. "It's just me, I'm not him and I won't do what he did. I won't hurt you kitten," he whispers gently.

Jeno whimpered and slowly opens his eyes before latching himself on Jaemin's chest as he cried. The alpha holds the boy tight and sways them side to side as he tried to calm him down.

"What the hell are you doing Jaemin? Don't you hate cats? Isn't that what they taught you? Cat and dogs are enemies," Jaemin thought but brushed it off.

He felt bad, of course he did. No one can hurt Jeno the most but him.

They shouldn't touch Jeno, only he can.

Jaemin sighed at his unwanted thoughts. He admits he was being an asshole most of the time, but it was because he was taught like that.

He was raised at the thought of cats and dogs not being able to get along and therefore are enemies.

He was raised like that, to hate cats and also grew more hatred towards them once his uncle got shot from one that was a part of a gang.

Thus, when Jeno came along, his inner wolf self acted before he could even think properly. He wanted to maybe befriend the boy, but his alpha ego was too stubborn for that.

Jeno hiccups as Jaemin patted his back, "Want to eat something?" He asked as he felt the hybrid nod against his chest and sees his tail now swaying softly.

He carefully picks the hybrid up and scratches the behind of his ear as he brings them downstairs with Jeno clinging onto him with his legs securely wrapped around his torso while he purrs gently.

The werewolf places the hybrid on the kitchen island to start cooking but halts when the boy whines, "Jeno," he said with a stern tone in instinct.

Jeno flinches and cowers down as he tears up again, "a-alpha," he mumbles and avoids to meet Jaemin's gaze.

The alpha softens a little at the sight, Jeno looked so frightened, which he always is whenever Jaemin talks to him like that. But after last night, it just made the latter realize even more how terrified the hybrid is.