Begin Act 2: Karaoke of the Damned

Author's Note: Yes, this chapter will be a bit of a musical! But first...back where we left off.

///

A loud knock at the door brought Dr. Linda Martin back to reality. Shakily, she rose from the couch and crept hesitantly towards the door.

"W-who is it?" Linda called, her weariness weighting her words.

"Linda? It's me." A rich baritone responded. 

Brightening a bit, Linda unlocked the bolt and stepped back.

The door opened to reveal a tall, handsome man in a black jacket. His dark eyes were kind and he wore a small smile on his features.

"Amenadiel!" Linda sighed. "Come in. Please excuse the mess."

He stepped in. "Everything alright, Linda? Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Is something wrong?" Linda rubbed her side, settling behind her therapist desk.

"No! No, there's nothing wrong per say..." Amenadiel put his hands in his pockets, momentarily glancing at the floor.

"It's just that...I ran into Maze a few days ago."

"Oh. Oh." Linda winced. "How was she?"

"Far as I could tell, still upset." Amenadiel frowned. "Has she come over, recently?"

"No, I haven't seen her. She probably hates me as much as she hates you for..." Linda inhaled. "...leaving her."

"But Maze hasn't bothered you? She hasn't...are you alright, Linda?" Amenadiel stepped closer, frown deepening. "You don't look like yourself."

"I've been worse." Linda was messaging both sides of her backside. "It's probably just stress."

"You need to relax more, Linda. You work all the time!" Amenadiel smiled, kindly. 

"Amenadiel...there's something that I need to tell you." Linda bit her lip. "It's really not something for me to sugarcoat..."

"Then don't. Linda you can say anything you want to me." Amenadiel leaned over the desk, reaching out and taking one of Linda's hands. 

"I'm here for you. We're together now, and thus, whatever you have to say to me is something I want to hear."

"I really hope that's true." Linda smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"Amenadiel....honey, I'm pregnant."

///

"Bloody hell...where have you been!?" Lucifer emerged from the bedroom, clothed with nothing but an untied bathrobe revealing a muscled chest and a pair of skimpy boxer shorts.

"Did you get my note?" Gabriel glanced at the penthouse bar, where the Scotch bottle gleamed in a ray of light.

"Yes, I got the note, but it still didn't explain why you vanished like shoulder pads from modern fashion!" Lucifer poured himself a drink. "At least you can guess about the shoulder pads."

"I went to see Dr. Martin. I had a dilemma to solve with her." Gabriel walked over to him.

"Oh? An Archangel personal crisis--do tell!" Lucifer sat at the bar, turning towards his sibling.

"It's the least you can do to make up for last night."

"Alright...first we played a game, and then she told me I needed a hobby. To grow outside the nest," Gabriel summarized. "She also mentioned 'checking out' what Earth has to offer. I told her that you were the best option for a guide."