45

It had been nearly a month since I started returning to school. Snow had piled up and then melted again.

Everyday I called Annabeth on a special phone made by Leo that was untraceable. Every weekend I stayed at camp and caught up with Annabeth.

Now it was a regular, boring Tuesday. I had failed two tests and barely survived several classes and it was time for lunch.

I sat with Hazel and Frank, who had accumulated several more mortal friends I didn't know too well.

"What's wrong Percy?" Hazel asked as I sat down, a concerned look on her face.

I shrugged as I dug into my lunch. "Just failed a math test, but it's no big deal. I'll just, uh, try harder next time."

Before Hazel could encourage me more, my phone buzzed. I quickly opened it to see a text from Annabeth.

I grinned as I texted her back and told her about my math test, which she even offered to help me study for.

Percy: u sure your up to the challenge of tutoring me

Annabeth: Yes, I'm sure that I can handle it. After all, if we're going to be in the same math class I may as well study with you.

Percy: haha sure. That can only happen if Will sets you free from the infirmary which is impossible

Annabeth: Oh yeah? Turn around.

I nearly dropped my phone as I stood up and turned around. Around several feet away by the doors stood Annabeth.

She was dressed in her signature bright orange Camp Half Blood t-shirt, a winter jacket pulled over it. Her hair was let down and had flecks of snow in it.

I instantly rushed over to her, pushing several kids to get to her.

She extended her arms as I pulled her into a massive hug, not letting go until some stingy teacher yelled at us for PDA.

"Will actually let you out?!" I exclaimed as I led her back towards the table where Hazel and Frank were waiting. "How come you didn't tell me sooner?"

"I literally just convinced him this morning that I was fine," Annabeth said with a laugh. "And I had to convince Argus to take me, which wasn't easy."

"Annabeth!" Hazel and Frank said in unison as they instantly stood up to greet her. Hazel insisted upon a group hug.

The rest of the day I spent all my classes with Annabeth as somehow she had all the same classes (ahem, Chiron, ahem.)

That night I even brought her home to my apartment where my mom instantly pulled her into a hug so tight it nearly choked Annabeth.

Estelle was overjoyed to see Annabeth and insisted that she had to come over more, and Paul even talked to her for what seemed for hours on some boring history thing.

When she'd stayed for nearly hours, I walked her down to the street, promising my mom that I would find her a cab.

"You've gotta come over more," I persisted as I flagged a cab down.

She smiled. "I think I will. Between Sally's delicious dinner, Paul's interesting conversation, and adorable Estelle I think I have to. Oh, and you too."

I rolled my eyes as Annabeth pulled me into a light kiss before climbing into the cab I'd called for her.

"See you soon," I said as I waved. "I love you."

Annabetb waved back and rolled down the window. "Love you, too."

I watched as her cab sped off and I couldn't help but think about how amazing she was. She was here and I wouldn't have to worry about being separated from her ever again.

Life was good.