7-This Isn't Going To Work

Never had i ever been so eager to get out of a class. I had my head down on the desk for the past thirty minutes of class avoiding eye contact with anyone who tried to bother me.

Vail walked past me tapping me on the shoulder a few times whispering that he needed to speak with me outside, but i ignored him and stayed where i was with my head on my desk. I could just feel how the conversion would go down and i wasn’t ready to punch my teacher in the face.

I glanced up at the clock near the teacher's desk and came into eye contact with Mr. Vail. He looked at me and pondered with thought for a minute. My eyes immediately flew back down to my desk and i wrapped my arms around my head. I wanted to groan loudly and flip a desk.

The bell rung fifteen minutes later and i grabbed my bag as quickly as i could and started out of the classroom. I walked past Key and right past Traci who looked even more like a slut today, and to the door of the classroom.

Someone grabbed my arm. "Mikey." A light voice said to me.

I turned around to see Traci grabbing my arm. She pulled me off to the side as other kids filed past us. She looked up at me with apologetic eyes and a small smile. "I'm sorry Mikey." She said. "For that kiss."

I looked behind Traci. Vail waited by the board so he could snag me after the conversation. He looked towards us and listened in on our conversation. 

"I just..." She looked around as if scared anyone else were going to hear. "I didn’t know you were gay."

I narrowed my eyes at her. Vail shifted uncomfortably. My mind was spinning.

Everyone else had exited the room. I looked at Vail and made eye contact with him, and then i stared into Traci's eyes. Her eyes were brimming with tears. I bit my lip feeling the heat as everyone stared at me.

I then did something so unexpected even in was shocked. I leaned down and kissed Traci. It took her by surprise as she fell back a little, but i caught her. I tried to make it look real, i tried to make myself think i liked it, but i didn’t. I was first to pull back, but i pulled back gently.

"It's fine. I kind of liked it." I said to her. I brushed my hand over her cheek.

She looked confused at first with wide eyes, but then she worked out a little smile. "Okay." She said.

"How about a date this afternoon? Meet me here after school." It wasn’t a question.

She nodded and giggled. "Totes! Bye." She waved and walked around me to get out of the classroom. I was left with Mr. Vail.

I looked up at the baffled teacher. He stared at me with some sort of hatred. It wasn’t pure hatred, but it was a form of it. "I don’t appreciate public displays of affection in my classroom." He said to me.

I stuffed my hand into my pocket. "Sorry bout that, but i must be getting to class."

I turned on my heel. He muttered something beneath his breath but i was too caught up on recaping the events that i didn’t hear it.

I kissed Traci...

************************************************************************************************************

My phone! Where the hell is my phone? It was right in my pocket. It was always in my leather jacket. I had no other jacket to put it in. I took it to school and had it the whole day, but i didn’t try looking for it until after sixth period. I had put it away during lunch. My lips turned to a scowl as i realized the only place it could be. Mr. Vail's class room.

I looked to my right to see Traci smiling happily with her arm around my waist. She and i were in the parking lot walking to my car.

I stopped as we got to my car and looked back to the school. "Could you wait here? I have to go get my phone." She frowned, sad that i was going, but nodded. i turned around and ran towards the school.