Chapter Two

I stare at Aztec, who is across the hall from me. He stares back and smiles. Amber is tucked away in the back corner of my stall.
She is a beautiful filly. A bay horse with a white muzzle and red streaks in her mane. She has pale blue eyes and always plasters a smile on her face. I gently nuzzle her cheek.
"Honey, wake up." I say softly. She opens her left eye just enough to see who it was. Then she shuts her eyes again.
"Five more minutes Mommy." She says. I sigh, she liked to sleep in late like her Dad. Next door, you heard Sky complaining.
"Mommm!!!! I wanna go see Sunshine and Amber!!!!" Sky whined.
"No Sky! You stay here! You can see then when you go out to the pasture!" Calypso scolded. Sky did a small "humph" but stayed quiet.

"Ya Mom! Let me go see my friends!" Comet states to Pepper.

"You will see them when Zoey lets us out!" Pepper said. 

The stable was quiet, with the exception of Ambers soft snoring and Angoras pur. I look at all the horses. Sunshine and Button quietly cuddled together. Sunburst stayed quiet. Calypso and Sky eating, and the fathers still snoring. Jimber carefully eyeing Comet and Pepper as they nursed. 
They were cute. I smile. But inside, something was wrong. I was unhappy.