Chapter 6

Flashback

In the Dark Palace where The Evil Queen and Vivian live. A man in a cloak was walking up the steps of their dungeon with a bucket in his hand.

"Halt," The Black Knight Guard said.

"Food for the prisoner," The man in the cloak said.

"It's not mealtime. Who are you? Identify yourself, slave," The Black Knight Guard said.

Then the man in the cloak stabbed the Black Knight with his hook and killed the other Black Knight that came towards him.

The man removed the cloak, revealing himself - Hook. "Slave? I prefer Captain," Hook said as he took the keys from the dead knight. He moved over to the door that the knights were guarding and he unlocked then opened the door. He looked at the prisoner, "Hi, you must be Belle," Hook said as he closed the door behind him.

"The Queen sent you, didn't she? She wants you to kill me," Belle said.

"I'm not here to kill you, love. I'm here to rescue you," Hook said.

"Rescue me? Who are you?" Belle asked.

Hook began to unchain her, "A friend. We haven't much time. Your father's life is in danger. He's being attacked by the very same monster who stole you away from your family in the first place," Hook said to her.

Belle chuckled, "What? Rumpelstiltskin?" She said.

Hook looked at her confused as to why she chuckled, "The Dark One, he must be stopped. You spent more time with him than anyone. There are rumours of a magical weapon that has the power to kill him," Hook said.

"No, no, no, no. Let me talk to him, he's not a monster," Belle said.

"Belle, your father's life hangs in the balance. I need to know what that weapon is and where to find it," Hook said.

"I don't know what you're talking about and I have no idea how to kill Rumpelstiltskin," Belle said.

"You don't?" Hook asked her.

"No, and nor would I," Belle said.

"Hmm, then I'm afraid I'm not here to rescue you," Hook said then smacked Belle across her face, knocking her out. He looked down at her, "So pretty," He inhaled deeply, "Yet so useless," Hook said as he raised his hook, just as he was about to kill her, his hook disappeared.

"No, not useless," Regina held his hook, Hook turned around to see her, "She's a valuable chess piece," She said as she stood in the doorway.

"Do I look like I'm playing a game of chess? My hook, if you please," Hook said as he held his hand out for it.

"No," Regina said.

"The asking was me being a gentleman," Hook said.

"Is that any way to address a Queen? Even a pirate should have better manners than that. Yes, I know who you are... Captain. I know about yours and my daughters' affection towards each other and I also know why you came here from Neverland and I know all about the Crocodile you wish to skin," Regina said.

"Then you also know that I'll stop at nothing," Hook said to Regina.

"So dedicated and resourceful. No one has been able to fight their way past my defences before. She can't help you kill Rumpelstiltskin, Hook but I can," She walked towards him, "If you do something for me and my daughter," She pulled him closer to her with his hook, "Care to join us for a drink? My daughter is returning from her lessons and don't mention about Belle, she will be upset with me," Regina said.