Chapter 18

The wind was blowing on everyone's face as they grunted and pant as they all held onto the ropes of the ship. The Jolly Roger creaked loudly as they sailed down the portal to Neverland. Within seconds, the ship was sailing on a calm sea again.

"Is that it?" Emma asked.

"Aye... Neverland," Hook said.

Vivian walked to Hook and stood by the helm, as she looked out at the sea. Hook glanced at her, "I personally prefer the sea in the Enchanted Forest," Vivian said.

"Aye, I do as well... Where our love came about," Vivian looked at him, "I really am sorry, love."

"Quit apologising and do something about it," Vivian sighed, "You know this land, I take it you know the best plan of action to getting to the island?"

"Aye love, that I do," Hook said as he sailed the ship.

"Why are you slowing down? In case you didn't know, my son's life is in danger," Regina said, walking to them.

"Oh, I know, my hot-headed queen. My plan is to bring us to the far side of the island, link up with the widest part of the river, then we sail right through and take him by surprise..." Hook shook his head and smiled, "The irony," Hook said.

"What irony?" Regina asked.

"Oh, I spent more time than I care to remember trying to leave this place to see Vivian and to kill Rumpelstiltskin and here I am, sailing right back into its heart with him as my guest of honour... It's not quite the happy ending I was holding for," Hook said.

"Greg Mendel said something funny to me... He said I'm a villain and that villains don't get happy endings. Do you believe that?" Regina asked him.

"I hope not," Hook looked at Vivian then Emma then Vivian, "Or we've wasted our lives," He said.

"Well, then not waste our lives," Vivian said looking at the Charming family who was arguing, "I'm guessing... Trouble in paradise in the hero clan," Vivian said.

"What, you want popcorn to watch them argue?" Regina asked with a smile.

"Ooh, yes... Toffee popcorn and some rum would go quite nicely watching the perfect family argue," Vivian said.

"Toffee popcorn?" Hook said confused.

"Don't worry about it," Vivian said.

"What did Greg and Tamara do to you?" Hook asked her.

"I don't know, I was making sure we were stocked up and Tamara was waiting for me. She tasered me and I was unconscious until my mom found me... They obviously hurt me or else I wouldn't have been bleeding," Vivian said.

"Sorry, love..." Hook said.

"Enough with that word, it's getting annoying now," Vivian looked at him, "Look, when we get back to Storybrooke with my brother, we'll work us out... Properly this time without fighting, without my mother involved or my grandmother or the heroes, okay?" She said.

"Okay," Hook smiled a little at him.

Vivian turned back to the Charming family who were arguing, "Emma, the minute I let go of the belief that things will get better is the minute I know they won't... We'll find Henry," Mary Margaret said.

"No, you won't," they turned around and saw Gold dressed in an outfit that he used to wear in the Enchanted Forest.

"Oh, that's a great use of our time a wardrobe change," Hook commented and Vivian chuckled.

"I'm gonna get Henry," Gold said.

"We agreed to do this together," Regina said

"Actually, we made no such agreement," Gold said.