Memory Lane

Author's note : Hello everyone! This chapter is going to be very relatable to a lot of people. At some point in time we all have had the closest people to us or so we thought leave our sides and walk away. Happy reading ♥

Kiara's P.O.V
   "Mom I am leaving for California." Commanded Ricky. "What do you mean you are leaving?  Where the hell do you think you are going?"  mom fired back. "Christiana is going there and so am I. Please keep depositing money into my account. We leave tomorrow morning."  He started walking off.
   "Don't walk away from me young man. How the hell did you make such a decision on your own?  You didn't even bother talking it out with me."  My mom frowned.
     "I am old enough to take my decisions mom. How long are you going to control  everyone?" Spat Ricky.
    "Ricky you are crossing the line. " I warn him. "Oh so miss I am mom's pet talks also? You can take your nose and stay out of this. Kids don't interfere in matters considering adults."
     "Oh ya? Is that why you didn't even talk about Calfornia to mum? Too much for being an adult eh?"
    "Mom tell her. She is trying to get on my bad side."
   "If it is anyone who is getting on bad sides it is you Ricky. I taught you better than this. I thought after Derek left us you would help me sort everything out."  Saying my mom was disappointed was an understatement.
    "I need to live my own life mom. I am young and have the urge to explore the world. I don't want all these strings attached. It is suffocating me."
    "Ricky I can't even believe you are saying something as ridiculous as this. When have you ever done something for mom let alone me for having felt your so called 'strings attached'? I growl at him.
     "Kiara I am warning you, one more smartass comment from you and...  "
    "Ricky stop screaming at her. If anyone is at fault, it is you and only you." My mom scolds him.
   "Enought you two. You both wanna team up against me then have your way and as for me I am leaving this very moment. Good thing I already packed my bags."  He sprints to his room and walks back towards the entrance with his bag.
    Mom and me scream his name and plead him to stop but he has absolutely no mercy in the way he glares at us and starts his car. Mom stands in front of his car in an attempt to stop him. He being the ruthless person he is starts driving and I have to pull mom away in order to save her from being crushed under his car.
     I jolt up from my sleep. I used to dream about this every night ever since he left till we shifted here. It was a horrific memory that replayed every night and came back haunting me today again.

     I wipe the sweat beads from my forehead and make my way towards the bathroom to wash my face. I need to tell mom and prepare her for Ricky's visit before he suprises her and almost gives her a heartattack. Just as I think everything will be fine and settle down, some or the other drama unfolds.

     I walk down to find mom humming to summer of 69 and I hug her from behind as she makes breakfast. "Good morning baby girl. How are you up and early today?" I giggle. "Just"

    "Okay Kiara Fernandes what is it that is bothering you? Last time I checked you would attack the breakfast table than me in a hug."

     Damn it! Moms are such creeps. They always know what is going on in our minds. Maybe she could make a career in psyche.

    "I need you to sit down for that and please listen to me carefully and calmly."

    "Please Kiara tell me that you didn't murder some guy and are going to jail because he was misbehaving with a girl." My mother blabbers with concern.

    I chuckle. "Mom calm down. So basically...Okay. Mom Ricky is in town." I say it incoherently. 

     My mom goes speechless and stares at me in a dumbfounded manner.

    "How do you know about this Kiara?" My mom tries to regain her lost breath. "I was at Jamie's house when he turned up. Him and Jamie used to live in the same frat house and he showed up here hoping Jamie could give me him accomodation till he finds himself an apartment here."

    "Wow it's true when they say life is like a circle and we come back to where we started from" my mother sighs and a tear rolls down her eye.

     "Mom" I go across the table and hug her while she silently sobs in my arms. My mom usually is the one who has this strong persona, yet here she is crying for a prick of my brother who doesn't give a damn about her.

     "Mom it shouldn't really matter. He chose to leave us, we never abandoned or pushed him away." My mom nods and tries to compose herself.

      "I would like to meet him." Mom sniffs.

     "What? You can't be serious mother!!" I almost scream at her. "Watch that tone young lady and tell Jamie to come over for dinner tonight and bring Ricky along."

    It's this tone of mom that I am warned that I shouldn't really mess with her. I pull out my phone and call Jamie informing him about the dinner and that he has to get the damn company whom I am not interested to meet even one bit.

     Today's dinner is going to be nothing less than this huge drama which has been pending from a long time to unfold.

Author's note : Sorry for the late update. I am just suffering from a writer's block. Please bear with me. Thank you :)