The Helpline

Author's note : Crossed 700 views! :D  You guys are beyond every adjective signifying appreciation!  Anyways I would like to dedicate this chapter  to  Naina_21 who is like my little sister! ♥ Do check her book out called Saudade. Yeah no I am not giving any spoilers. Be nice to her. Anywayss give me your feedback about this chapter and please neglect any typos or grammatical errors as I have uploaded this from my phone. Alright then Happy Reading :D

Kiara's P.O.V

   I woke up next morning to the aroma of cupcakes. Getting ready I was sprinting down the stairs to grab hold of all the cupcakes. Not that I had to worry much since it is only mom and me.

  "Morning mommy" I pecked her cheek and sat on the breakfast table. "Morning baby. Slept well?" I nodded and put the cupcake in my mouth. "Oh my god mum this is so delicious like I could eat this all day" my voice comes out a little hoarse with the cupcake in my mouth.

   My mother chuckles and sits with me , grabbing herself a cupcake too. "Kiara I have been wanting to talk to you about something for a while now but considering how eventful these three weeks have been I never really got the chance."

   "Yes sure mum go on. Is everything alright?" My voice reflects concern. "Honey we have new neighbors who moved in a month back just in case you haven't noticed. Mrs. Will happened to meet me the other day and was talking about her daughter Sabrina. Well she seems a troubled child. Mrs.Will was talking about something happening to Sabrina which she herself is not sure of what exactly happened. Ever since that certain incident Sabrina has become socially inactive, always locked up in her room and losing appetite massively.  She is about your age and I suggested her mother that maybe you could go and talk to her as I believe you are good at handling people. Will you do that love?"

   "Sure mom. How about I give it a shot once I get back from college?"

    "Sounds good baby. Come now I don't want you to kill people while you are on your way to college. Off you go before it gets late."

   I give mom a bear hug and drive myself to college. I really want to meet this Sabrina girl. I want to know what made her so introvert all of a sudden and if there is any possible way I can help her, I sure will.

  As I park my car I spot James waiting for me with his ever so charming smile. I sigh mentally looking at his dimples. Things those dimples do to me. I give me a quick hug and we make our way to the cafeteria and I message Emily to meet us there.

  "So why are we going to the cafeteria?  Can't we just go for a drive considering our first lecture is off."

  "James I would love to but I need to talk to Emily and you about something hence cafeteria. How about if we get done with the talk early we go for the drive?" I flash him my convincing dimples to which no one till date has said no.

   "Sure as you say" James pecks my dimple and I mentally high-five it. My dimple and me are the best partners in crime.

   As we enter the cafeteria we immediately spot Emily who grins at me and clears her throat indicating our intertwined hands. James playfully slaps the back of her head making her scream.

   "Not my hair you dickhead! Do you have any idea how much trouble do I have to go through every morning to make them look good?" I hug her.

   "Calm down Em. This boy will be taught a lesson for misbehaving with my best friend." I wink at him and I earn one back. "It better be a lesson which does not incude either of you being handsy."

  James bursts out laughing and this time I slap her head. "Oh My God Stop.!! Is today like lets team up against Emily and ruin her good hair day?" James and me high-five each other and I plop down on the seat next to Emily.

   "Okay the reason why I called you both here is because last night I came up with this idea which if you guys don't agree to is completely understandable. Okay so the thing is I was thinking of setting up a helpline for people in distress. Like you know how Joana used to be. She took a drastic step because there was no one to give her a ear. However she is not just one girl of such a kind in the entire United States. There could be many more. So how about we set up this helpine and give a ear to such people and if it is in our capability give them appropriate solutions. What say?"

   "Kiara that sounds great. We could also rope in Joana which will help her take mind off things and also acquaint her with the fact that she is not the only one in this whole wide world to have gone through such a trauma." James says.

  "Yes I was considering just the same. What do you think Em?"

  "I don't mind being a part of this however it is goint to require lots of hard work. The creation of this helpline is not going to be restricted to just the three of us. We have to pitch in lot of people. For example someone who can sponser us, someone who can get us to set this helpline up in some stable place, someone to design a website for the same, we need to spread the word about it so it will be more like a digital campaign. "

  "I am completely aware of that. So are you guys game? Can we put this into action?"

   Both of them agree and we make our way to class. I promise Em to meet her after college and walk with James to the English class. James puts his arm around me and I smirk.

"Don't you think you have started getting touchy off late?"

  "How do you expect me to keep my hands off you Kiara? I mean look at you!" He gasps. I punch his arm playfully and we take our seats in Mr.Collin's class.

  "Alright class quiet! I have an announcement to make. I thought instead of having a written examination, a debate shall be conducted between two people and grades shall be given accordingly. It will be an impromptu. So pray to your dear lord to help you get a good debatable topic." This made the whole class fall in fits of laughter.

    "So got any plans now?" James asks me as we make our way to the lockers. "Yeah actually I have to meet up a neighbor of mine. Mom told me that she isn't doing too well emotionally and that she could use a friend."

    "Extremely selfless aren't you Miss.Fernandes?" He gives me a genuine smile. "Always" I smile back at him.

   "I shall see ya tommorrow. Okay James?" He nods and I catch him off gaurd by pecking his cheek. His eyes go wide and he pulls me back.

   "I want another one" He says in a demanding voice. "No" I giggle. "Please" he makes his supposedly puppy dog face. "Don't make me regret the previous one" I glare at him. "Fine" he pouts.

   I hug him goodbye and make me way to Sabrina's house. I wonder what she is like. I really hope it doesn't get too awkward and what I do look forward to is that If I could help her in any way possible.

   As I pull out of Mrs.Will's apartment, I text my mom saying that I am meeting Sabrina right now. I make my way to the door and ring the bell.

Author's Note : So what will Sabrina's story be like? Will Kiara be able to help her? What about the helpline? Will they be able to set up? Keep reading to find out more! ♥