When Bad Gets Worse

Author's note : Well we have Austin Nicholas playing Ryan for us! :D Isn't he a complete hottie? ♥ Too bad he is the bad guy here xP Okayy so we are going to have a cliff hanger in this chapter because a lot of people told me to (: Don't forget to give me a feedback. Happy Reading! ♥

Kiara's P.O.V

      Next morning when I wake up I have this massive headache. Feels like I was sloshed and why not I was sloshed emotionally.  I quickly grab my phone to see if there is any call or message from Nick. None. I directly walk to have a shower missing my reguler regime of self motivation.

     You can't really blame me you know. My first ever massive setback in life. Everything was so perfect till now. One incident changed everything. At this point of time I started doubting whether I was wrong about it that maybe I should not have interfered in whatever it was. My inner voice mentally smacks the shit out of me and makes me realise that what I did was brave and thoughtful. Other onlookers didn't even have the balls to stand up against that douche of a guy.

     I was brought to reality from my thoughts by loud banging on my bathroom door. "Honey are you planning on finishing the entire water supply of the city? I am pretty sure you don't wanna be late to college." Chuckled my mom. Now you see where I get all this sarcasm from. "I'll be out in a minute mum" I step out of the bathroom almost immediately and get ready in the blink of an eye. Today was 'I don't give a fuck about how I look' day.

      I was so engrossed in my thought world only to realise that I am standing in front of my locker. I felt someone walking towards me from behind. Hoping it would be Nick I turn around with a massive smirk only to realise it is James standing in front of me. My face falls and is only left with a small smile. He gives me a confused glare and says, "Okay I get it that I am not as hot as you but come one I ain't that bad looking you know." He winks. I shake my head and say,"Once a flirt forever a flirt. Anyways wanna walk together till English class?" He stares at me with utter disbelief.

     "Is Kiara the feisty Fernandes actually asking me to walk her to class? Pinch me already" I roll my eyes at him and say,"Chill out it is just a walk to class not some date" He smirks and murmurs to himself,"One day we will be on a date." I raise my eyebrows and ask ," Did you say something?" He gets all defensive and speaks like,"Nah! Pfft. You are hearing things pretty face."

     The entire English I am irritated by James and we are constantly bickering and debating about random topics. "Miss Fernandes are we intruduing something?" Mr.Collins coughs and asks me. I shake my head and slip more inside my desk not wanting to make eye contact with him again.

       At break I am glad to see my bestie and hug her tight like my life depended on it. "Is everything okay? This doesn't seem you. The first thing you do is call me a bitch and here you are squeesing the life out of me." She chuckles. "Shut up Emily. I am allowed to miss you okay plus a lot has been going on lately. You are back for good now." And like that I tell her the whole Ryan-Joana encounter and my fight with Nick. She seems dumbfounded for a minute.

    "No way. Why would Nick side with a guy like that? I just can't believe it and..." she stops midway and I raise my eyebrow at her and ask "what?"  "There comes your supposedly lover boy" she says silently.

  I look up only to have eye contact with cold eyes which always used to look at me lovingly. "We need to talk lets go to the parking" is all that he says flatly and I follow him like an obedient puppy.

   "If you think I am here to apologize then I will not. Maybe he has done something wrong. Maybe he has not. Whatever it is I need to have my cousin's back so I am going to need you to back off from his relationship or else it will affect ours." He says coldly.

   I have had enough. "You don't get to decide what I do and what I don't okay? I do not regret what I did yesterday for even one bit. Here I thought we were going to fix things and you are giving me an ultimatum.  You are in no position to give me some stupid threat considering how you literally just kicked me out of your house last night. Never in so many years have you done that. You know what? I don't really think I want to have a conversation now. I shall call you later."

   I leave him in a dumbstruck reaction in the parking and wipe my tears away only to bump into James in the hallway. I try to get past him so that he doesn't realise that I have been crying but his firm hand brings me back to where we bumped.

    "What is wrong Kiara?" He asks with concern. "Nothing that concerns you and you did not see me crying." I snap at him. Just as he was about to say something I receive a SOS message from Joana saying she is at an empty classroom on the second floor. "Come with me hurry!!" I scream at james and we sprint to the second floor.

   I enter the classroom where Joana is and am paralysed for a minute not even realising a tear is escaping from my eye. James places his hand at my back trying to comfort me.

Author's note : One hell of a cliff hanger I gave you guys. What do you think did Kiara see? Also isn't James adorable even with all the cheeky flirting? Next chapter will have Emily's star-cast and also the revelation to the massive suspense. It is going to be something no one would have even thought about. Next update is on Saturday. Happy Weekend :D ♥