Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

 Yanking open the door of the stateroom, Erin peered out and found she was back in the narrow corridor that ended in a set of stairs leading up to the next deck.

Still smarting from Ethan's desertion, she made her way down the narrow length, her steps slightly unsteady with the rolling motion of the yacht. The polished wood floor echoed her footsteps in a rather unsettling way and Erin wondered if she was the only one on the boat. She wouldn't put it past that arrogant bastard to leave her marooned in the middle of the ocean. It was the sort of petty, ridiculous thing Ethan Lachlan seemed to enjoy.

Another cringe ran through her as she remembered how easily she had given in to him. Granted the man could kiss like it was a talent, but that was no excuse for her appalling behavior.

Christ Lord Almighty! She'd acted like a hormonal sex starved teenager, letting him make love to her not just once or twice in the space of one evening. And now she ached in places she did not care to mention.

Her cheeks reddened at the memory of the second time they'd done it. She'd been the aggressor, straddling his luscious body and riding him, enjoying her power over him when he'd groaned her name out loud and grasped her hips, grinding their bodies together -or the third time when she'd taken him to the edge with her mouth and how he'd taken her with a savagery that'd sent her to sex heaven over and over again- and the fourth time in the shower....

"Stop it Erin!" Her sharp words reverberated in the corridor even as she ruthlessly squelched all memory of last night from invading her mind.

How stupid she'd been to assume that he found her as sexy and irresistible as she found him. Ethan probably viewed last night as just another conquest, a means to an end and like the fool she was, she'd fallen for it.

Well, if he thought he'd got the upper hand, boy was he in for a surprise. By the time she was through with him, he'd wish he'd never met her.

Reaching the top of the stairs, Erin found herself in yet another narrow corridor, one that opened up to what she took to be an open deck from the light that poured through the opening. Her steps quickened in hope. Maybe she could find the captain or whoever the hell was in charge and get off this blasted boat.

The brilliance of the morning sun momentarily blinded Erin as she stepped onto the deck and she shielded her eyes with her hands even as the wind whipped strands of hair onto her face. It was a good two minutes before her eyes adjusted to the light and she could make out the form that leaned against the rails, watching her intently.

Ethan held a cell phone to his ear and appeared to be listening to whomever was at the other end but his gaze was fixed on Erin, blue eyes glinting with an intensity that caused heated color to flood her cheeks.

He'd changed into a deep blue shirt- unbuttoned at the neck- and tucked into white pants. His hair was damp as though he'd just had a shower. He certainly did not look like a guy who'd gotten little to no sleep last night...

Stop acting like a newly deflowered virgin! Erin admonished herself, while surprised to find him still aboard. A part of her fluttered in joy but she quickly squelched the feeling. It was time to start acting like the woman she really was and not some love struck teen. She tore her gaze from his and looked around. The deck was quite large, though bare of any outdoor furnishing save a plastic table with an open laptop on it and two chairs right in the center and an inflatable lifeboat resting in a corner.

"Sure hun, I'll see you tonight." His deep voice floated across to her and she felt a surprising wave of jealousy run through her at the words.

So he had plans for tonight? Probably with that blonde he'd been at the restaurant with or was it some other woman? Did last night even mean anything to him if he was already making plans to bed another woman?