Chapter 15 [ All Things Come to Light ]

Zeus sat near his brothers and clapped his hands together joyfully. 
" Finally our Lord Hades is back where he belongs,  on the silver throne next to me and so we can proceed.  " He smiled merrily .
" You actually couldn't be more wrong Brother . I am simply here to retrieve my family , that you so kindly abducted . My words of not participating in this remains unchanged.  " Lucifer said calmly , he willed away his golden armour and sat with a pristine posture as his navy coloured three piece , gloved his body , a black glove suiting each hand . His eyes scanned the room and found a large black steeled cage , in the far corner shielded away from the pure energy . Inside the cage Kayna , Dylan , Alek and Tyki all looked towards him , their concern showing . Zeus sighed a long sigh of annoyance , he was clearly irritable with the way his Brother had disregarded his words .
" I'm not sure , you understand your predicament Hades  . " Zeus warned lowly,  as he tried reigning in his anger , he couldn't afford to let his anger get the best of him in this situation.  " You don't have a choice in this matter . If the world being at it's brink is not enough of a threat for you . Then your family won't be guaranteed either  , Hades . "  Zeus threatened .

Lucifer smiled slyly at his brother and then suddenly , slow and low at first he began to laugh , the sound of his voice echoed throughout the halls . His laugh sent a shiver down everyone present spines , dry and hollow null of humor .
" Are you not a symbol of what is right and just . You Lord Zeus of the mighty skies." He chuckled without humor , his lips upturned,  but eyes vicious. 
" Are you not the God most fit to rule above all others , the one who embodies righteous behavior . " He continued on . Zeus narrowed his eyes at the Dark King , his face stinging with embarrassment as he perfectly read between the lines.
" Yes I am and sometimes you must sacrifice a small amount to save the larger scale . " Zeus responded calmly , a glint of mockery in his eyes . " You also have a duty do you not Hades Lord of the Underworld,  a duty you have needless say neglected for the past millenia . To do what might we enquire, to play house with creations of your own making . " Zeus stated harshly .

The God of Darkness still remained calm , though his fingers dug far into the tip of his stone throne . In front of his Brother he remained calm and unphased ,not allowing him to see what he wished and the other Gods chimed in their agreement of his abandonment of duty .
" Whether I am Hades , Lucifer , Yama ,  Anubis or any other personification.  I have always fine what was required of me , I have guarded all souls that have passed away their mortality,  I judge them and send them away accordingly and my influence on the human world has remained untouched just as requested . There is nothing wrong with the way I rule My Kingdom ." Lucifer stated calmly,  he allowed his power to roll through the room for effect , shaking the building . A riot of voices erupted and Lucifer smiled in satisfaction . The Goddess of Knowledge raised her hand to command silence and everyone complied immediately .
" I am in support of the Dark King.  His words are honest , he has never failed at his duty , no matter what form he assumed . " She agreed solemnly,  " However , " Her objection rang across the room , as she turned her attention to the Sky God . He squirmed,  uncomfortable under her iron gaze . " You Zeus , should be the one explaining your lack of presence in the human realm ." She said .

Lucifer nodded his agreement and proceeded to add to the Goddess's words . " That is correct Brother , over this last millenia , your presence is almost none existing . So much of your essence had dissapeared,  I am the one being called upon for jobs that is not the work for a Devil such as myself . " Lucifer stated . The statements brought about by the Dark King and the Goddess of Knowledge encouraged other Gods to also state their thoughts .
" This is true . Love has become so tainted in the human world , my very existence is beingb threatened. You must explain yourself Zeus ." Aphrodite chimed in .
" ENOUGH OF THIS ! " Zeus commanded harshly, electricity ran throughout the room crackling as his fist collided with the stone table , a crack forming.
" Do not give yourself too much credit Zeus , you may be ruling God , but that is because of our support,  you cannot bend us to your will . Be clear on this ,I do not belong to you , nor am I at your command because I am afraid of you or your little lightning . " Ares reminded the sky God. 
" Do you all think you can take me down ? " Zeus laughed a high pitched manic laugh .
" Whatever I choose to do is my own business,  not of yours . Aside from that remember that I have a say in your very existence . "

A collective fall of silence fell through the room as the truth sunk into the Gods present.  Zeus realizing his return in power laughed mightily , satisfied with the situation .
" By saying , whatever you do  , am I right to assume you speak of your plan to suck the power out of every God here ? " Lucifer asked calmly unphased by the threats of Zeus .
" Claiming lies will not make us permit you to continue playing in the Underworld Hades . " Zeus stated angrily as all eyes stared at him .
" Oh but it isn't playing as much as running away from you dear Brother . My reason for staying away from here and assuming a non Greek title is to stay far away from you . " Lucifer countered . " Aside from that do I not have evidence Brother ? " Lucifer stated directing his attention to his quietly seated brother beside him . All eyes turned to the sea God and he gave his approval with a nod .
" Yes Lucifer speaks honestly.  Shortly after our annual millennial meeting , Zeus had become quite suspicious to me . " Poseidon began explaining,  he waved his hand and a few pillars that were disguised in mist washed away.  Everyone present gasped as they saw the small army of demons .
" These demons do not belong to Lucifer , they are here by command of Zeus ." Poseidon stated .
" That should not be possible,  another person with his ability could be catastrophic.  Only Lucifer should be the one with control of demons and creatures of the night ." Athena said incredulously.

" Ordinarily yes , but do not fret Goddess of Knowledge.  These are not actual demons , but a mere downgrade of them . Zeus would not be able to control real demons.  " Lucifer said , he stood and directed his attention to do snarling demons .
"Be careful , My Lord.  " Kayna called from within her confines . He gave her a small smile of reassurance,  before his eyes flashed and the wind picked up slicing through the group of demons like a sharpened blade .
"What is this ? Robots?  " Ares said disbelief in his voice.
" Exactly,  the mighty King Zeus forced Haphaestus to make him these cheap designs . " Poseidon stated .
Zeus who had been confined by Lucifer , when the demons were uncovered,  broke away from the black chains. The noise of the shattered chains drew attention to him , but it was too late .
" Hades if you could just listen . " Zeus growled annoyed . He destroyed the cage holding,  Kayna and the others , he reached toward Tyki and grabbed her by her neck .
" Make so much as a single inch of a move and I will snap her neck . " He warned . He wore a wild grin as he opened a portal to the Underworld and held her above it , his  eyes made contact with Lucifer and he smiled in satisfaction watching Lucifer,  stare hesitantly,  he relished the look on his face as he let go of her and she fell through the portal .