Chapter 15: Fireworks

Plans and schemes were made and we walked out of the room. Smack dab into Malfoy.

"I need to talk to Artemis," he said quietly to the Twins, but his eyes never left mine.

He seemed serious. I put my hands on the Twins, "It's okay I got this."

They nodded and walked down the hall. I turned to Malfoy, hatred in my eyes.

"What Malfoy? Going to turn me in?"

"No," he says so quietly I can barely hear him. "I just want to talk. Can we talk in there?" He gestures to the room. I hesitate, but agree. We step in the room.

Once inside, he grabs my arm and thrusts up my sleeve. Inspecting the word Mudblood that is raised on my forearm. His fingers slowly trace over it. Finally he speaks.

"I am so sorry about this."

I'm shocked. I have nothing to say, but he starts to go for my green apple ring and I snatch my arm away. I start to walk away, tears betraying me as my emotions take the better of me.

"Bryant," Malfoy said, not trying to stop me, "Zabini and them are going to come find you and the Weasley's and take you three to her. Just thought you should know."

I look back at the boy who has always hated me, a bully, looking absolutely beaten down. I might even say I see some fear. Once you really look at him, he isn't so bad, just a boy. I now pity Draco Malfoy.

I turn completely around and look him in his icy eyes, "Thank you, Draco."

The Twins were right there when I walked out, making sure 'that scum Malfoy didn't mess with you.' I shushed them and explained what was about to happen and our plan needs to be put into action.

The plan you might ask? The Twins want out. They are old enough, and don't want to do anything that actually requires graduating. They have decided to go out with a bang, literally, fireworks. I'm going to get caught, and make sure Umbridge is in her office, and they will come flying in on their brooms and make the whole place go up. We have to do it this way, because I can't use magic outside of school, so I have to look innocent.

Zabini finds me right after the Twins and I separate, "Come with me Mudblood," he snarled.

I go knowing what is about to happen won't be long lived. We get to Umbridge's office and she already has the quill out.

"You know what to do child," she giggles.

I sure do. I take the quill and start to write, Little Miss Mudblood, only wincing a little bit as it cuts my skin. I smile at the small act of rebellion.

Suddenly, the room lights up and George rides in firing off sparks from his wand. Umbridge screeches and I jump up and run out the room. She is trapped inside as the sparks keep going.

After I run out and got to the Great Hall, I told the others what was happening. The Twins made it to the Great Hall and smashed through the roof leaving a fire dragon in their wake. All the students, and some of the teachers cheered and high fived. Once they were out of sight, I felt a stab of pain in my chest. I needed to leave, I knew I just needed out of the stuffy Hall.

I ended up at the Room again, paced, and there goes the door. I slip inside, thankful that everyone was distracted with the Twins' aftermath.

The Room got it just right, like always. A fireplace, hot cocoa, and two comfy chairs. I didn't know what was up with the bowl of green apples, but whatever. Then I see his white hair flash near the corner.

"Come out Malfoy. I see you already. No need to hide," I sigh.

He comes out, with an almost inaudible, "Hello."