Mistake

Louis sat in a booth waiting for Harry. He was 5 minutes late and Louis had already jumped into conclusions. The bad thing about being an overthinker is that he started picturing these scenarios of certain situations that can be bad. He wasn't sure if this was an actual date, or if it was just them hanging out. But either way, he hoped he wasn't stood up. 

"Louis!" Harry's voice made him whip his head around to see Harry walking towards the table. 

"Hey." Louis said, face heating up. 

"Sorry I was late, had some shit at home to take care of." 

"No worries." Louis shrugged. "I uh, got you a orange soda. I remembered you always drinking our orange soda at my house when we were younger so I thought maybe you still liked it."

"Yeah actually I still do." Harry chuckled. He opened up the straw and started to drink. "You know, it's been so long since we've hung out. We were really young." Harry stated. 

Louis nodded and looked at his lap. He didn't want to look into Harry's eyes, he felt if he did. He just might combust right there. Louis looked around the buffet and cleared his throat.

"Uhm, wanna get some food?" Louis asked finally looking up at Harry. Harry nodded. Both boys got up and started walking around each food bar and picking their favorite things. By the time both were back at the table, Harry had a huge pile of food while Louis had enough for him not to go hungry the rest of the night. 

Louis looked at Harry's plate and giggled but looked away. 

"Hey no judging! I play soccer and Im a growing boy." Harry said while putting a noodle in his mouth. 

"I'm not judging." Louis said quietly. 

"It's cool you said yes to hanging out. Honestly, its been a while." 

"Yeah." 

"Why did we stop talking?" Harry asked before shoving a massive bite into his mouth. Louis played around with his food and shrugged. 

"Uhm, you're Harry styles that's why."Louis said and plopped a few sesame chicken in his mouth. 

Harry chewed his food and squinted his eyes, confused at to what Louis meant by that. 

"I'm a quiet person. I only have like one friend, and well you made more. We weren't socially compatible to be friends." Louis stated. After Harry swallowed his food he took a drink then leaned back onto the booth.

"You and Liams are friends, and I think he's more social than I am." Harry was genuinely curious as to why Louis thought they weren't socially compatible. 

"Liam's been my friend since we were toddlers. You and I just had a project together." Louis kept eating not realizing how confused and lowkey hurt Harry was. "I mean the only reason we're hanging out is because of this English project." Louis chuckled, he looked up at Harry seeing his serious face. 

"I didn't ask you to hangout with me because of our project. I asked you because I remember us having fun and being able to talk to each other. Now every time we pass each other down the halls you don't even look to me." Harry explained. Louis could sense Harry's irritation and sinked down into his seat. He didn't realize what he said upset him so much. 

"Harry, you never came up to talk to me before, it wasn't until Ms. Spang put us together." Louis said quietly. He looked down at his lap, as he played with his fingers nervously. Harry stared at his nervousness and took in a deep breath. He didn't realize how worked up about the situation he got.