1

Hogwarts, it's a beautiful magical place really. I still remember getting my acceptance letter all those years ago. My mother ran around the house with excitement as I was confused as ever after reading that I had been accepted to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I always knew there was something different about me. Even from a young age but I never really thought much of it. But now I understand. There were others out there like me.

I still remember going to Diagon Alley for the first time. The place was crowded with people like my mother and me. The new sights, sounds, and smells were all so overwhelming as I bought my books, my school uniforms, my wand and met some new friends. One of them being Hermione Granger. A muggle-born witch who knew way more than I ever would. I wish I could have taken you along with me as I enter Hogwarts for the first time, giggling with Hermione as we all stood around scared as ever waiting to be sorted into our new homes. Luckily, we got sorted into Gryffindor together, along with a red-headed boy named Ron Weasley and the famous Harry Potter.

That was all five years ag0, but it still felt like yesterday.

* * *

My family and I stood on the platform as students same as me ran around, hugging friends and saying goodbye to their family members for the long nine months. It was the start of my 5th year at Hogwarts. After a very eventful 4th year and a busy summer, I was just excited to get back to my studies and have a calm and quiet year. By all means, it was going to be a busy year, studying for the O.W.Ls every waking moment but I couldn't wait to be back with my friends and have the time of my life.

"Be safe, study hard, write to us, and if you need anything let us know," My mum said wrapping me into a tight hug, squeezing the life out of me as I looked towards my step-dad and my two little sisters.

"I will Mum, don't worry," I said as I patted her back, hoping she would loosen her grip a little as we stood there but she just squeezed me tighter, "okay Mum, you are going to cut off my air supply."

"Oh stop it," My Mum said as she let go of me. As soon as she was out of the way I took a few steps over to my little sisters, Henley and Quinn.

"Now you two, better keep Mum and Dad in line while I am gone," I said as I bent down to their level.

"You got it," Henley said firmly as I heard my step-dad get out a little giggle.

"Can we come with you?" Quinn asked.

"Not this time my little butterfly," I sighed as I took her hand into mine, "but one day when you are older I will send you off on your first day to Hogwarts and it will be magical."

"I can't wait," She smiled before I turned my head back towards Henley.

"Now you two better not grow up while I am gone or I might have to shrink you," I giggled before I wrapped them both into a big hug, kissing their cheeks before I stood up in front of my step-dad.

"We will miss you," He said wrapping me in a hug.

"I'll miss you guys too," I replied, "take care of them."

"Take care of yourself and no boys," He said as I pulled away, rolling my eyes at him.

"No promises," I giggled as I grabbed onto my bag and trunk, "see you guys in December."

"Have a wonderful year," My Mum shouted as I began to walk away, pulling my trunk along behind me as I turned my head and gave the four of them one last wave. I pushed through the crowd to get to the express so I could drop off my trunk as I saw the tops of seven red-headed people, The Weasleys. I watched as my best friend Ginny turned her head and caught me walking her way. She quickly darted from her family and ran over towards me.