Chapter Six

Friday 29th December 8:45

Warm air flows past Leon as the door swings open. There stood Kanon with a clean apron, her dough-like hair tied up, a baseball jumper on, blue denim jeans and fluffy socks.
"Oh hey Kuwata." She says with a bright smile, holding her hand on the door. It wasn't clear if she was actually asking him or trying to distract him from the chaotic shouting and sound of machinery.

"Hey Kanon, can I stay here for the night, some.....things happened." He says, holding onto his raincoat's wet sleeves. Leon and Kanon had a good relationship, she was in love with him when they were kids, despite her being his cousin, but she got over it.

The girl smiles brightly. "Oh of course you can, and sorry in advance if it's a little-." Before she could finish, Kanon swings the door in front of Leon, he could hear a large splatter, then listen to the creak of the door reopening. "Loud." She finishes, now covered in what seemed like biscuit dough, opening the door fully for Kuwata to enter the apartment.

It was a beautiful place, frames filled with coffee beans hanging from the walls, with shelves of mangas dotted around. Two bedrooms came from either side of the hallway, Leon preferred not to check. The kitchen was a mess, a fog of flour covering the place and two figures in it. A girl, not that smaller than him and what seemed like a child. Everything was covered in the doughy goodness. The flour floated away and he could see the two figures clearly. Komaru Naegi and Nagisa Shingetsu.

"Ah Kuwata! Hello." Komaru waves, one hand occupied by a mixer. She had a beige apron on, underneath a striped red and yellow jumper and blue jeans with heart patches on them. "What's up?" She asks after laying down the mixer.

"You're Leon Kuwata am I correct?" Nagisa asks with a faint smile, in a casual t-shirt and trousers.

"Yep." Leon responds with a smile, waving a little at him, then turning to Kanon. "You want me to explain why I'm here, right?" He says, sighing.

The girl laughs, "Well of course silly!" She says, leaning onto the counter. "Just let it all out, what happened?" She says, in a sudden neutral tone.

"Well Taka and Mondo were kissing on my bed, and i just got fed up...and it." Before he could finish, he starts to feel tears run down his eyes. "Just reminds we of how lonely i am."

Kanon glances at him and gives a sad look. "Hey it will be all right, you'll find love." She says, opening her arms for a hug. Leon hugs her back, his tears soaking into her apron.

"Yeah I hope so." Leon mutters before getting back up. "Also I need your....advice Kanon." He says awkwardly, looking away.

"Hit me up." The girl says, sitting on the floor, cross-legged. Kanon was a trustworthy figure in Leon's eyes. Sure she had a crush on him for a couple of years; but she realised she wasn't into boys.

"You know Makoto Naegi." Kuwata mumbles, going red. "I might you know....like him." He says, starting to give a soulless look to the floor.

Nakajima gives him a glance of happiness, her eyes glistening with joy. "Ah I'm so happy." She shouts tackling him for a wide hug. "I'm so happy you have found someone!" The girl eventually lets go and stands up. "Now, let me guess. You want to take him to Byakuya's party." She predicts, looking at Kuwata with a smirk.

The redhead looks at the girl with shock. "Well I sent him an anonymous letter to ask him." He says, jaw dropping. "Also can I stay here for the night. Something.....happened." Leon says, looking to the floor with a blank face.

Kanon looks up, a little confused. "Yeah of course. We can stay up, chat, plan ideas for your dance, you know." She says with a gossip girl tone, standing up again.