Diary Entry #1

Dear Diary,                                                                                                            October 20th, 2012

                 I don’t know what to do. What can I do?! Nothing. But I can’t just do nothing. Something’s going on. I just saw it with my own eyes. How do I even explain what I saw? Who’ll believe me? Nobody will. Of course no one will believe me. Not even Mom or Dad will. They’ve known Ellie and Taylor and Alyssa ever since I was in 1st grade. They’ll send me to a therapist if I tell them what they did. But I know it’s true. I’m not crazy. MY BESTFRIENDS MURDERED SOMEBODY. They’re cold-blooded killers. I’d never even seen the kid before until they had him pinned against a tree in the woods. He was trembling and shaking, pleading for their mercy. And they just giggled and slit his throat. I’ll never forget the horrible sound of the sharp knife slicing so easy through the boy’s skin. He gurgled and spat blood. I could even hear bones crunching as he fell onto the leaf covered ground. I tried to be quiet but I couldn’t control my hysterics once Taylor said they needed to dump the body. Alyssa argued they should take it back to “Jonathon”. I’m not sure who that is. I’ve never known anyone by that name. Not anybody who goes to school. Ellie just sat there and stared around, almost like she knew I was there, she just couldn’t see me. Taylor eventually agreed to take him back to Jonathon, but not before savagely kicking the boy and spitting on him. After that I ran away. I fell and scrapped every part of my skin that was possible to scrape. And now I’m here, in my bedroom, alone, writing and not knowing who to tell. The police? But there’s no evidence. Can I act normal around them ever again? I need to. If I can find something to prove what they did, I can put them away. But what if they try to kill me? What if they plan on doing it? Maybe that kid was only practice… They’ve been acting weird lately. Maybe they were just plotting my death.