🎮14🎮

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

"I told you to reduce junk food, didn't I?"

Eric received a huge slap on his back. "Mom!" He winced in pain. "It's not for me."

Eric followed his mom to grocery shopping and he has been constantly putting snacks into the trolley.

His mom tilted her head with her eyebrows furrowed. "Then, who?"

Eric rubbed his nape, feeling shy out of sudden. "Friend."

His mom just eyed him suspiciously. "A girl?"

Eric cleared his throat and slowly nodded his head, avoiding his mom's gaze.

His mom snorted with laughter. "Oh boy, my son is growing up." She wiped away her non-existence tears.

"I-I'll get more food." Eric stammered on his words and walked away from his playful mom.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

"Don't you need to study?" Haneul questioned the boy who has been visiting her every weekend for small little packs of snacks.

Examinations had already started and she was happy that Eric came down but she was also worried that he had been taking a lot of his time for that.

"I'm a genius boy." Eric joked and flipped his imaginary long hair.

Haneul stifled a laugh. "You don't have to." She flashed her concerned look.

Eric shook his head instead. "I only spend an hour doing this every weekend, so it's okay. Noona, don't worry." He cheekily grinned.

Haneul eyed the younger boy for a moment and sighed in defeat. "Fine, thank you though. You're not spending a lot on these right?" She raised the pack she just got from him.

"No! Of course not!" He answered almost immediately, forcing out a smile. I'm sorry mom. I'll repay back someday.

Haneul nodded her head, oblivious to his lie. "I'll treat you someday after my college entrance test."

Eric waved his hands. "No no, you don't have to."

"Then choose, either you get a treat or stop coming over." Haneul raised her eyebrows with her arms crossed.

Eric pouted at her options. "Can I not choose either?" He shot his puppy eyes.

Haneul softened but she could not back out just like that and so she shook her head. "Nope."

"Fine... I'll get the treat then." Eric pursed his lips.

Haneul's lips twitched upwards, giving a small nod in acknowledging his decision.

"Alright, I should get going so you can study. See you next week!" Eric beamed without forgetting to give his playful wink.

Haneul chuckled as she waved to the boy. Energetic as always.

It was kind of amazing that Haneul was not distracted by Eric's weekly visits to the point that she was actually looking forward to it whenever she woke up on the weekends. Eric and his encouragement with the welfare packs actually motivated her to study even harder.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

A couple of weeks flew by and Eric was starting to feel bored. Examinations had already ended but his friends were all busy preparing for the final college entrance test. Even gaming does not provide him the entertainment he needs.