CHAPTER FIVE ➳ CEDRIC.

Song recommendation: Mr. Brightside, The Killers.

Two weeks had passed since the attack at the Quidditch World Cup, the group in a more vulnerable position than before. Ellie and Saff believed it was best that they spent the last of their holiday back at home with their parents, instead of spending their time at the burrow with the rest of the group. This made the remaining group upset, all of them feeling extremely bad that their friends were suffering. While the event had been traumatic for everyone, Saff and Ellie has suffered the most, both physically and emotionally. Ellie had been in bits, crying for hours before she left, the pain she felt reflecting off her, making the atmosphere of the burrow sadder the usual. Saff on the other hand isolated herself, temporarily losing her sharp personality, sitting in silence most of the time before she went home.

So, while the rest of the group has been together for the past two weeks, even arriving at Hogwarts together, the other girls had been separated. Both had been having a hard time dealing with what happened. Since going home Ellie's anxiety became more severe, and both the girls were suffering from nightmares. Saff kept her issues more secretive, yet she had been struggling a lot. Her parents being muggles could not comprehend what had happened, so she didn't bother fully explaining the situation, just letting them know she was attached with her friend, but she was okay now.

The gang sat at the dinner table prematurely, arriving early, which was a first for the Weasley twins. Because the two other schools were coming today, there were more tables than usual in the hall, and the kids didn't have to sit separated by house. Fred and George sat towards the left of the table, both eagerly waiting for their other friends to arrive. At the other end was Hermoine and Cho sat, opposite Cedric and his friends, Ginny and Harry nearby. Draco and his gang were sitting nearby, Harry chatting with Jordan. Jordan was a shorter boy, with long brown hair and a strong sprinkling of freckles. Like Draco, he's a fellow Slytherin in the year below most of the group. Saffron had seen him around the common room, and he seemed awfully friendly for a Slytherin, but who was she to judge?

Finally, Saff walked through the mahogany door into the Great Hall. She was alone, walking slower than usual, nervous to see the friends she hasn't seen since her attack. The group quickly notice her arrival, as Cho and Hermoine are quick on their feet, each running up and hugging her together. Saff is a little taken aback at the sudden contact, but melts into the hug from her best friend, she hasn't realised how much she had missed her taller companion. She has also missed her sister dearly, as she has chosen to stay at the burrow as Saffron left.

The girls walk back to the table, Saff sitting across from Cho and next to Rhianna, who gives her a side hug and a warm grin. Everyone greets Saffron with slight caution, while asking how she was doing. The Slytherin girl, not liking the intense attention, quickly mutters that she's fine. Luckily, the twins get preoccupied as the final member of their little group finally makes her way in, the large doors behind her making her small figure look even tinier than usual.

"ELLIE!" The twins cry before they both charge at her giddily.

Ellie squeaks at the sight of her favourite boys, before speeding up her walking slightly. Both of them sandwich her in a hug, as her frame completely disappears behind the boys, who are each over a foot taller than her. Saffron watches as the shorter blonde reappears, and she quickly notices the gash that was on Ellie's head previously had healed well, still showing slightly. However, she still didn't look like herself. She seemed skinnier and her face was still pale.

The girl walks between the boys back to the table, sitting in between Fred and Hermoine. The girls greet each other before Hermoine pulls the blonde into a soft hug. The rest of the table greet Ellie, as Cedric runs over to the side of the table to give his best friend a squeeze, which results in a small grumble off Fred, still not liking the closeness of their relationship, failing to see it is completely platonic.