CHAPTER ONE ➳ SAFF

Song recommendation: 'Scrawny' by Wallows

Finally, the time had come where she would be whisked away to Hogwarts, for the first of many years to come. They had already said their goodbyes to their families, both of their mothers shedding a tear, Hermione clinging to her older sister for one last goodbye. Sister hugs were her favourite, it would be strange not having her near. The girls rushed off, pushing their trolleys, hurrying steadily towards platform 9 ¾. However, once the girls arrived, confusion hit as it seemed there was no platform between 9 and 10. Glancing around in uncertainty, they see a huddle of flaming red hair.

"Here we are boys, platform  9 ¾. Hurry now, you don't want to be late" says the short plump woman, who Saff presumed was the mother of the group of ginger boys.

"Excuse me, Miss? We were just wondering how to get to platform 9 ¾ ." Cho spoke up, holding her trolley close t0 her. Asking questions was something she was quite good at.

Saff found herself snickering, a slight eye roll following shortly after. "The attendant was no help whatsoever, are you sure it isn't made up?"

"Oh of course dear, not to worry. All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. If you're a little nervous, it's probably best to do it at a bit of a run. Here, Fred will show you."

"He's not Fred, I am!" One of the two identical redheads interrupts.

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother?" The other twin scoffs.

"Sorry George dear, off you go."

The slightly taller twin walks forward, turning to his mother and says "Only joking mum, I am Fred!" and off he goes, his twin following shortly, not before telling the girls they'll wait for them at the platform.

"Good luck girls, and enjoy your first year! My boys will make sure to look out for you, but be warned, they're trouble." She chuckles, giving the girls a wave.

The young girls started to walk toward it, Cho emitting a small gulp out of nervousness. If she found herself hitting that wall. . . she'd most definitely be in trouble. Maybe it was safer for Saff to take the lead? The pale-faced girl lines up her trolley with the barrier, which is only a few feet away. She takes a deep breath before beginning to walk towards the barrier. A spark of anxiety hits her, as the closer, she gets the more the surface looks solid. She closes her eyes and she speeds up, running quickly directly into the barrier. She waits for the crash- it doesn't come. Instead, she slows down, opens her eyes and sees the twins grinning at her, the Hogwarts express behind them.

Saff turns, anxiously awaiting the arrival of her friend. A few seconds later, a worried-looking Cho rushes onto the platform, stopping her movement just moments before she crashes into Saff.

"Good job ladies!" The smaller twin announces, before approaching the girls for a high five.

"I'm Fred by the way, and this is George." The taller twin explains, also making his way towards the girls.

"Don't expect us to remember your names guys, you're literally carbon copies of each other" Saffron replies bluntly, as Cho rolls her eyes at her eccentric friend. The boys laugh at the duo in front of them.

"I'm Cho, and this is Saff. It's lovely to meet you." Cho exclaims, giving their newfound friends a quick hug. The boys hug back surprised at her friendliness, but grateful all the same.

"We should probably board the train now, we don't want to miss it" one of the boys, who Saff presumes is Fred, says before wandering towards the door of the train, the group following closely behind him.