Chapter 10: Call Of The Dead

Sabrina sits in the public library, staring at the computer screen. Trying to find out the history of Dark Falls. She pushes some of her hair from her face, smelling some of her perfume she put on earlier. Still trying to figure out what's going on.

"Piissstt" a voice hisses at her from behind.

"PIISSTTTT" the voice gets louder.

Sabrina turns around,"what?" Looking at Derek.

"Me and Eric went there last night, looked like something out of Saw" Derek tells her, his voice getting a little loud.

"Can you please keep it down?" A young girl behind them tells him, reading a Stephen King novel.

"You sound like you need to get laid" Derek tells her, turning back to Sabrina,"anyway..."

Sabrina whispers back to him, turning away from the computer,"what did you guys see?" Getting curious.

"Two naked bodies, oh and they looked dead" he turns to her computer screen,"you won't find much about this town on the internet, doesn't have much of a 'history' if you ask me".

"Are you serious?" Her eyes go wide at the mention of two dead bodies,"did you call the police?"

"Not like they can do anything about it, plus my phone is down there".

"Another reason to go back" Sabria looks at him,"did you guys find out what-"

"No, I"m guessing they kept some psychopath down there or something. But it gets weirder" Derek takes out the ID, handing it to her.

"Adam Anderson" Sabrina whispers to herself, staring at the old ID, turning to him,"wait, you guys stole a dead man's Identification?" Looking surprised that he'd steal from a corpse.

"Look at the date, 6/12/1789. You explain that".

"So? He's probably been dead a long time, we seriously need to call the authorities about this".

"The body looked like it died just yesterday" Derek answers her, a small chill running up his spine,"whoever escaped, their not looking to make friends. The guy had bite marks all around his neck, and my old teacher's name was Mr. Anderson".

Sabrina hands him back the dead man's ID,"so what is he? A vampire?" She asks him, waiting for a response itching her head.

"Don't even joke with that, I'm never going down there again. I lost my phone down there" he stares at her,"nothing human could've broken through those chains."

"Werewolf?" She answers.

"I don't even believe in the supernatural" he shakes head, looking around them then turns back to her,"do you ever notice something?"

"Notice what?" Sabria asks, turning back to her computer, typing into google 'mysterious', and clicks search.

"I never took this too seriously, but if you look under the V section in the library, you won't find anything about vampires" he tells her, staring at her computer screen,"maybe there is a reason why they didn't play Twilight in our theaters, maybe..."

Sabrina turns around looking at him,"wait, are you being for real?" She stares up at him,"nothing, absolute nothing on vampires?"

"Look in the library catalog, look in the fiction, non-fiction. Even look in the movies section" Derek looks at his watch, then back to her,"I don't believe in them, but what if??"

"Wouldn't someone of noticed by now and asked questions?" Sabrina asks him, looking towards the non-section.

"Maybe, maybe not, it's just a theory I came up with" he turns his head towards the non-section, then back at her,"or maybe I'm just looking too much into it. Either way, I'm sleeping with the night light on tonight".

"I said be quiet" the young woman tells Derek again, as he started to raise his voice once more,"I'm trying to read here".

Derek turns to her,"yeah? Well I'm starting to question my belief in the supernatural. If you ask me? That's more important than a book you've probably read 100 times already" he turns back to his friend.

"That would explain Eric mentioning my dead mother" She tells him, closing the tab then logs off the computer.

"Listen, I don't want to believe it. Hell, I'd rather believe in aliens than bloodsuckers" he nods to her,"I'm going to talk to Eric about it" Derek turns his head, and slowly walks away.

"Wait......" Sabrina turns to him,"you said you left your phone down there last night?"

"Yeah, why?" Derek turns around looking at her.

"I called you this morning, someone answered, then just hung up" Sabrina tells him,"are you sure you don't have it with you?"

Derek's face almost turns a pale white, not believing what she just told him. The hairs on the back of his neck goes straight up, knowing that's almost impossible to believe. The man just stands there, fear in his eyes.

"That's impossible, I left it down there after I saw the second dead bo-" he stops his sentence, and starts to think to himself, questioning everything that's happening.