Chapter Fifteen; End of a War

Rose

I blew him back against the wall and held Star tighter to me, trying to keep her asleep. He got up and shook his head, smiling wickedly and going to lunge again. I quickly put up a wind barrier and he is thrown back once again. Thrashing against my barrier, I feel the energy drain from my body. I can't keep this up long, please someone come save us!

Right as the barrier was about to collapse, Baine busted through the doors and threw him against the wall, wrapping his hands around his throat. Baine looked ready to kill, and I was hanging on by a simple thread.

I felt the energy finally drain from me and my barrier fell, along with the one covering the hospital. I could hear doctors rushing people to the basement to take cover and hide. People were screaming and children crying as rouges began banging on the hospital doors. I wanted to help them all but I could barely stand.

"What do you want with my family and I?! Who the hell are you?!"Baine growled in his face.

"You don't remember me? Funny. Seeing as your father took my family from me and stole my son! I want him back! Now his son must pay for it!" He snarled. He kicked Baine through the wall and turned towards me.

"Please.... Please don't.... She is.... All I have...." I said trying to stay conscious.

"My dear Rose, I am not only taking her, I'm taking you both. Deon took my family from me, stole my son, only thing to do is take his sons from him." He said calmly, stroking my hair.

"But why.... Why take a grudge against his father out on him.... On us...."

"Because I will never forgive myself until I have my revenge. The last look on their faces was the look as their lives drained from their eyes and my son screaming for me to help him. But sadly, I was to injured to move. Should have died there too if it wasn't for a pack of rouges that found me and took pitty on me. Now, I will not rest until I get what I deserve!" He said calmly, yet threatening.

Just as he went to take Star, Baine ran in and tackled him, throwing him through a wall and running to my side. He checked me over, made sure I was okay, and ran after him. All I could do was sit there, rocking my crying child as I praied my mate would make it out of this alive...

Baine

We fought and exchanged blows for what seemed like forever. Everyone stayed out of our way and kept to their own battles, knowing anyone who got involved would be killed.

"Why can't you just let a stupid grudge against a terrible man go?!" I yelled at him. I had bruises and gashes all over me, but no less than he did.

"Because that was my family! And since that bastard died before I could kill him, I'll make his son suffer!" He yelled back lunging. I quickly dodged his attack and faced him. "I know he killed my son, just like the rest of my family! That cannot be forgiven!"

He pounced on me and I didn't move fast enough. We both fell to the ground and he punched me in the ribs, hard. I felt two of them break and I groaned in pain. More angry than mad, I flipped us over and shifted, biting into his shoulder and crawling his chest. He yelled in pain and tried pushing me off so he could shift as well.

I shifted and growled at him, challenging him to make the first move. He shifted and growled at me, snapping his jaws. He pounced on me and bit my shoulder, I jerked away and stood strong, not thinking much of the pain. He grinned and I ran at him, tackling him over and biting deep into his hind leg, making sure it wouldn't heal anytime soon. He howled out in pain and threw me off of him, limping backwards.

'Stop this now and no one has to die! We can stop all of this pointless revenge and live together in peace. Please, don't do this!' I mind linked him.