Chapter Thirteen; The War Begins

Baine

I shouted orders as we shifted and headed for the battlefield. All that I could think about was Rose and Star, hoping that they are safe. I know Rose will take care of her. I finally got her to eat this morning and to go on a ten minute run before I had to leave.

While I was with Star, I swore that she would get better and that our family would go on a trip after she was okay again. I could have sworn she gripped my finger, but I couldn't be sure. It gave me hope that Nancy said her heart rate was stable and that she forced Rose to sleep last night while she watched Star for a good six hours.

My family is the only thing that gave me the will to fight and to kill these monsters who wanted my little girl. They will have to destroy me completely before they get their grummy hands on my daughter!

I told them to get in position and everyone masked their scents by rolling in the mud and on trees. We then hid in the bushes waiting for the rouge army to enter the clearing, then it was war on!

Rose

I could tell that the rouges were close by their filthy scent that lingered in the air.

'They are about ten feet away, be ready. And go for the kill!' I mind linked my warriors.

I may be in a hospital room, but my gift helps me be help on the battlefield as well. They have been able to get Stars heart rate back to normal but her body is still weak and shaken up. The better my baby girl wakes up, the better.

Minutes pass by and the fight had begun. Six rouges were killed already and none of our own was hurt. More rouges were injured, it sadly, still alive. I wanted to be with my pack fighting so badly! My powers were itching to be used and it was killing me not to.

All the ones who couldn't fight, children, and elderly were gathered in the hospital as well so that everyone was in one place. Thinking of that, I got the idea that maybe I can use my gift. I focused all of my energy on the air, creating a wind barrier around the hospital to where only our pack could enter or leave. Rouges would get shreaded at the touch. Trying to push all my energy into this one act, I felt the hospital get surrounded with a barrier of moving air. It took so much energy I collapsed onto the floor and struggled to get up.

"Rose! Are you okay?! Did you see what happened?! Some kind of thing is around the-" I smiled up at her and she stopped. "You did this?"

"I had to do something...." I said as she helped me into the chair beside Stars bed. "Can you get me some water?"

"Here," she rushed to the sink and filled up a cup to the top, "How did you do that? Are you okay?!"

"I've been able to do this my entire life, I was born with it. It just isn't as easy since I don't use it enough.... You can't tell anyone!" I said drowning the contents in the cup.

"I won't. Just be careful, okay?" She said as she walked over to check Star.

"Always."

Once the barrier was up and in place, I knew my baby girl would be safe. My only worry now was Baine, my mate. I could sense he was enjoying this and he wasn't hurt other than a few scratches, but my wolf wanted to so badly be out there fighting by his side.

The rouge numbers had seriously decreased by half and we have had only two deaths, three had been brought here for severe injuries.

As the hours passed, the women and children became worried for their loved ones as more of ours came in harmed. We had a total of ten injured and, as far as I could tell, five deaths. I kept getting this bad feeling that someone was watching us, that they were waiting for the slightest ripple in the barrier to come after my baby. The more people ran in and out, the more the feeling increased. I did all I could to ignore it, and focused all of my energy on my baby and the fight outside.

______________________
A/N:
Hey guys!! You are all the best readers, you know that?! I couldn't ask for better! Even when I don't update for a while, you still wait for the next chapter. I hope that you are all doing well and are ready for Christmas!! I'm gonna try to do a Christmas update, I hope I make it in time!! Meaning I gotta get to work! Have a great holiday lovelies!! <3