21

Tonight I'm sitting in the ridiculously loud School of Rock nightclub with Adam and Gabe. I told them I needed to get out of the condo, which is why we're here. They don't know the decision I've made or the lengths I will go to make sure it happens. I'm hoping our social outing will be a good way to loosen them up before making my intentions known.

I've always been a peaceful person, but the man who raised me believed it was our right to defend ourselves against anyone wishing to do us harm. 

At present, I'm considering something entirely premeditated. The thought that I'm willing to consider something like this is both disturbing and thrilling. I'm learning new things about myself that I'm not entirely comfortable knowing. I'm more nervous and unsure of how to convince Adam and Gabe to help me.

It shouldn't be such a leap for either of them to get on board with my objective, since Adam has been trying to kill Zac for several lifetimes and Gabe was born to hunt and kill vampires. How will they feel when I tell them I'm going after Zac with or without their help?

As far as I'm concerned, Zac has it coming. His reign of torture and death is coming to an end. He backed me into a corner when he went after Dayna. There's no other option as far as I can see.

Murder is a peculiar thought to ponder. It requires reaching deep into our darkest corners of the mind, places we pretend don't exist.

At least I know Dayna is safe. Jacob is guarding her, and he seems rather capable. I made his brief acquaintance this morning because I demanded to see Dayna with my own eyes. She remembers nothing, and so far is unaware that she is being guarded by an attractive vampire named Jacob. The thought makes me shiver.

Dayna would love Jacob. He looks like a beautiful, fun-loving surfer, but with more sophistication and polish. With sandy-blond hair down to his broad shoulders, an athlete's body, brilliant blue eyes, and an easy smile, Dayna would melt in his hands.

I know my friend, and Jacob has her name written all over him. But Jacob's a vampire, so I warned him to keep his hands off Dayna or I'd stake him myself. Adam, Gabe, and Jacob had a chuckle at my expense over my empty threat. It appears that staking is another false myth that should be corrected.

I'm considering writing a book titled: Vampire Survival Guide.

The club is loud and happening. Tension starts to ease from my shoulders simply being around a lively crowd. It was a good idea to get out. My body has been humming with energy from Adam's blood, and maybe Gabe's as well. I feel so alive, and want to be doing something. My hormones are off the charts, so I didn't think it was a good idea to be locked up with these two testosterone machines any longer than necessary. The pheromones in the air could be cut with a knife.

It's fun being out with them. Women openly stare, and several have tried to hit on them. No one is asking me to dance because both men are giving off the guy signal for "she's not available."

Gabe has been busy fending off overly friendly college girls that openly want to seduce him. He places a hand on my back whenever one of these party-girls approach. I can't hear their conversations over the music, but they all shoot me a look before moving away. It's all highly entertaining for me, and so much more fun than dying.

All my senses are heightened. I'm more aware of the music, and my vision is so sharp and clear that details I never noticed before stand out sharply in my mind. I'm caught up in the details of various streaks of color in someone's hair when the light hits it or the many different shades of color that make up another person's eyes. I could look a little crazy when people notice me staring too long.

It must be the company I'm keeping tonight, because even if guys are not approaching me, they sure are looking me over.

I'm smiling at everyone because this is too much fun.