Chapter 14

- Edited

He's back waiting for Yamaguchi again. This time without his headphones, he didn't bring them today. They only had the purpose of playing music when he's irritated but he doesn't want to make anything worse before they got to his house. That would be a whole disaster and a half. Especially after a certain someone told Yamaguchi that he was secretly listening. He's kind of accepted their friendship is never going back to normal.

'I want to throw her off a bridge but that's illegal.'

He thought as he looked around. Then someone ran into him and nearly knocked him off his feet. Somehow he managed to catch himself and them, only to be greeted by Yamaguchi.

"Why were you running? Are you okay?" Tsukishima held him up till Yamaguchi stabled himself on his own two feet. The freckled male was trying to catch his breath from running.

"Uuummm.. The stalker... could be following me." He inhaled deeply before looking up at the blonde.

"I'm okay!" He smiled. Yet there were so many lies behind that smile. Even Tsukishima could see that despite being terrible at reading most people. Yamaguchi was the only person he could read decently but sometimes he still got it wrong.

"If you say so." He turned and started walking with Yamaguchi trailing along behind. Silently he wished the other would be next to him instead because he couldn't just constantly look over his shoulder to see his expression.

For all he knew, Yamaguchi could just start crying behind him and he'd never realise unless he made a sound. Yes, his hearing was that good, listening through headphones wasn't the easiest even if they weren't playing music. They still covered his ears. They still muffled stuff out. Until he got used to it. Without them everything was so much louder. That was both a good and bad thing.

"T-Tsukki!" Yamaguchi said after a short time. He stopped and turned to face him.

"U-um... T-there!" The other pointed without looking. His hand slightly hidden. Tsukishima looked in the direction. That damned girl was hiding behind a garbage can. She ducked behind it.

"Oh for the love of-" He cut himself off with a sigh.

"If she doesn't stop I swear to god." He muttered under his breath and stared at her till she was aware he could see her. Then she pretended she wasn't just hiding and went on her way. That pissed him off. Alot. Even so he turned back around and kept walking. Yamaguchi followed along really closely. Too closely. Almost on top of him. He ignored it, it was understandable. Just like the night Yamaguchi clung to him after a nightmare. Why does it seem that night was the last semi-normal day of their friendship?

Before he realised it. They had changed and were in the middle of practice. That girl didn't show up this time. Which was good. He may have lost his temper if she did.

"Chance ball!" Someone yelled out but he wasn't paying attention and ended up not jumping to block. The ball hit the floor on their side and suddenly he was the center of attention.

'Oh hell no.'

"I'll pay attention. Shut up and keep playing." He snapped.

"We didn't say anyth-" Hinata started but was cut off.

"You were." He stated blankly. Everyone took a moment but they continued practicing. This time he actually paid attention so he wouldn't do what he did last time and wind up being questioned. He's had just about enough of that between Akiteru and his mother.