Chapter 5

He watched Yamaguchi wave goodbye as he walked out the door and Akiteru shut it excruciatingly slowly. Once he was sure Yamaguchi was halfway down the street already, he dragged Tsukishima to his room and shut it so their mother wouldn't walk into the kitchen and hear this conversation.

He didn't have time for this.

Firstly, he needed to know where the hell Aria had come from, to begin with, and he also had to figure out his thought from earlier. Does he have a crush on his best friend?

Well h,e has no time to ponder this because Akiteru started talking.

"First of all. Where the hell did she come from?!" Akiteru threw his arms in the air for a moment before dropping them.

"Your guess is as good as mine." He put one hand on his hip. He didn't want to have this discussion.

"Second of all. What in the world did you say that warranted a slap? I'd like a full story here. Do not leave anything out." He found a sigh escaping him. Honestly e,  everything happened at once and he's forgotten half of it already. He'd said so much in such a short period Nevertheless, e tried.

"Wells, he yelled my first name and hugged me like a koala, specifically my arm. Then refused to let go after I said she should. So I had to say it again but scarier. She didn't let go but loosened enough for me to reclaim my arm." And he went on, trying his best not to leave anything out. Though he was sure he left something out cause his memory of the event was somewhat faded by now. Too much information to process.

Once he was done he just shut up and stared at Akiteru with a blank expression. Silently waiting for him to respond.

"Damn." His brother put his hands together in front of himself.

"She deserved a slap more than you did. I should've punched her." Akiteru had one of those smiles that said 'well this is messed up' plastered on his face.

"And given her a reason to report us? No."

"Kei, you have a hand imprinted on your face. Like it formed a whole bruise." Suddenly, his face hurt. He hadn't been paying enough attention to notice before but now that it was mentioned. It hurt. Even if it did, he brought his hand up to touch it and flinched when his fingers grazed over the skin.

"How do I only feel this now?" He grumbled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ouch. Wait I'll go get some ice. Don't let mom see it." He didn't even give Tsukishima a second to protest as he wandered out thof e room.

Now he was alone in his brother's room with his thoughts. Now, realizing still had that book. He looked at it and put it down on the desk for the time being. His phone buzzed, he fished it out and muted it before putting it on the desk and sitting on Akiteru's bed.

"Could this get any worse?" He asked himself. He hoped not. If it could then he'd be in for shit later on. Although so far it was better than expected. He's expected to be scolded by now but he wasn't. Technically he didn't do anything wrong. Still, he wasn't completely innocent either. He should've held his tongue. Then again, when did he ever do that?

Just then his brother returned with a cloth wrapped around a bunch of ice. He tried to take it but Akiteru didn't let him, instead, he took off his glasses and pressed the cloth to the side of his face gently. The cold numbed the pain but he still flinched.