Part 71

Themagicaldursley: it's almost Christmas 🎄

Scorpionking: only 12 more days!
Hugoisagod: on the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
Lorcant: 12 drummers drumming
Lys_scam: 11 pipers pipping
Lilspotter: 10 lords a leaping
Ted.loopy: 9 ladies dace
Frankspranks: 8 maids a milking
Dom.dom.com: 7 swans a swimming
Louistheweasel: 6 geese a laying
Jamesissirius: 5 gooooooolden rigggggggggs
Roxxy: 4 calling birds
Mayharris: 3 French hens
Lulu.weasley: 2 turtle doves
Chaser_liam: and a partridge in a pear tree
Fredthesecond: do you know what question we should be asking ourselves here? What is this persons true love going to with all these birds and people
Chaser_eliza: yeah the only good gift here is the golden rings

*****

"Dawn they hijacked your comment section again," I said laughing.

"Not surprised. They do love to take the comment section on a perfectly good picture and make it crazy," she replied also laughing.

"This is better then the time with the cereal though."

"True."

We continued walking through the park chatting. Looking at the pretty snow and Christmas decorations. My thought slipped back to the carousel where Dawn had taken her picture. I remembered riding on it as a little girl. I would always choose the house with the pale blue saddle. The memory made me smile. Dawn noticed I stopped and also stopped.

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"No," I replied. "I was just remembering riding the carousel as a little girl. It was one of my favorite things about the park."

"Here's an idea," she said with a smile. "Want to go ride it? You know as throw back to when we were little."

"That sounds fun," I said. We headed over to the carousel. I bet people thought it was weird, two seventeen year old girls standing in line for a carousel along with all the six year olds, but I didn't care because it brought back so many memories and I got to do it with Dawn.

When we got on the carousel I went straight for the house with the pale blue saddle Dawn followed me and climbed onto the green saddled one next to it. The carousel started moving and I found myself laughing with joy all the memories from when I was little flooding my mind. Dawn laughed too. It was sweet laugh that seemed to fill the air around her with joy. I probably would have kissed her right now if we hadn't both been sitting on houses on a moving carousel.

When the carousel finally stopped we climbed off and headed back into the main park.

"That was fun," said Dawn with a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah" I agreed. "There's just something so wonderful about things that make you think of your childhood.

"Well if we're going with childhood throwbacks," she said bending down with mischievous look on her face. Before I could even react she scooped up a handful of snow and chucked it at me. It hit me right in the chest

"Oh it is on!" I yelled, reaching down to make a snowball of my own.

We continued chucking snow balls at each other until we were both laughing and covered in snow. She was laughing her sweet laugh again and this time there was nothing stopping me from kissing her. Without thinking I walked right in front of her and smashed my lips against hers. Part of me was expecting her to pull back, but she didn't. She let our lips stay together for a few seconds before she pulled away.

"There's a coffee shop not too far from here," she said. "Why don't we go get a coffee and make it and official date while we're at it."

"I would like that," I replied.

*****

Rose.gw: coffee date with Dawn ❤️
[tagged: @themagicaldursley]

Comments are disabled for this post