Chapter Fifteen

Sanem quickly scanned the woman, " I thought Leila said she was 48 years old, THIS is not a 48 year old woman. She thought, her mind buzzing. No this is a whole different ballgame now, she said in her head. She extended her hand to welcome her, " Ms. Gulden, so glad to meet you, welcome to our home." She said her voice a little high pitched, the way it got when she was upset. Can recognized it immediately, " Yes my dear, here have a seat, here, next to me." He said. She looked at him with a thousand questions lashing from her eyes. " Thank you love," she said, scooting in between the two. 

The woman was one of those that made you feel inferior, even when you weren't. The looks she gave Can, were certainly not work related, but Sanem had to keep her cool, for the agency's sake. Ms. Gulden was the first to speak, " Sanem? Is that right, Please call me Eda, and I'm pleased to meet you." She said, nodding slowly. Sanem returned the gesture, " I am pleased to meet you too, I've heard a lot about you, so I was looking forward to this meeting." She said, directing her look to Can. 

Ms. Gulden looked around, " Your home is lovely, it's so open and chic." She said, smiling a smug smile. On the bookshelf was a copy of Sanem's books, and she recognized them right away, " Are you a fan of Ms. Aydins writings? She asked, looking surprised. Can looked at her with a puzzled look, " Sanem is Ms. Aydin, that's her maiden name, I thought you knew." He said, taking Sanem's hand. Eda Gulden was in shock, " No, I didn't, but what a nice surprise, I'm a big fan." She said, blushing a bit. "So his wife was famous, and beautiful." The thoughts running through her mind. " Hmm, this one may be harder than I anticipated."

As if right on cue, the first Divit triplet to want lunch was Ates. Sanem quickly excused herself, making her way down the hall to the nursery. The dress had been a mistake to wear, so she had to completely take the whole top down to let Ates eat. " How stupid." She thought, " Now I have to change clothes."Just be yourself." She said to herself.  

Ates always took so long to eat, she savored every drop, that Can came to check on her. " Are you ok, he asked, seeing her sitting there with the top of the dress around her waist. " Yes, I'm fine." She smiled. He laughed, " Why did you pick that dress to wear today?"  He asked, shaking his head. Her eyes glared at him,   " Because, you didn't tell me she looked like that, you said older woman." She said, putting  Ates back in her crib, and pulling up the top of her dress. She was furious and Can knew it, " That, Can, is the finest that money can buy, and it looks like she has plenty of it." She spewed in a whispered voice.

 He hide the humor he found in it, and put his arms around her, " My beautiful wife, are you jealous? He asked, kissing her pouting lips. " There's absolutely no reason to be, you are all I look at, or all I want to see in my life." He said quietly. She moved away, " I've got to change, tell our guest I'll be right back." She said, heading to their bedroom. Can knew she always had felt like she wasn't equal to some other woman, but to him she was far and above all the rest. Ms. Gulden had pitched a good deal to him, as they waited for Sanem to return, but the appeal still wasn't there. Even knowing she had designed the whole line around him wasn't good enough. He wouldn't leave his family for that. 

Yildiz was fussing as Sanem came out of the bedroom, so she went to change her. Then Deniz woke up and chimed in, " Can," she called to him, " I need some help please." Can came right in taking Deniz, changing him, and grabbing a bottle he headed back  to the living room. " Bring Yilly when your done babe." He suggested, " It time she meet our crew." He said smiling. She opted for a bottle for Yilly too, and went back to their guest. Eda wasn't one to  take to children, but she tried to be act infatuated with them. Yilly was fighting the bottle, she never liked taking it, so it had to be daddy to give it to her. Eda watched them closely, as they feed, talked and loved on their babies. She saw this handsome, muscular man in a whole different light, one that didn't appeal much to her. He came with too much baggage. 

After the bottle, she offered to hold Yildiz, while Can fixed some tea. The incident happened so quickly, there wasn't a thing they could have done, Yildiz, had decided she didn't like her lunch from the bottle and let it gush out of her, depositing it all down the front of Ms. Gulden's expensive jacket.....Can hurried to grab her, more concerned about Yilly, than Ms. Gulden's clothes. Sanem apologized for the mishap, but the meeting was definitely over, as she called her driver to pick her up. She looked at Sanem and Can, " I'm sorry, but I think you are right where you need to be, I will take a look at the models your brother and Deren selected, and make my choice from there." She spewed, wiping the spit up breast milk from her clothes with a baby wipe... She turned and was gone, rushing to her car that was waiting for her. 

Both Can and Sanem stood there in shock, what had happened, what made her do that. Yilly had never spit up that much before,.... maybe a drool, but this was a gusher. After a minute they both broke out in laughter, " I don't think Yilly liked her." Sanem said. " I told you that she would do what she wanted to do." Can started to the nursery, to clean her up. Sanem finished with Deniz and followed shortly, she stopped at the door to listen to their conversation, " I'm not saying it was right, what you did, but I won't scold you for it. I will always trust your judgement of people from now on, my beautiful daughter." He spoke so gently to her, as she cooed at his lecture. 

Sanem smiled, how alike they were, she thought. She had the same relationship with her father, and it was something that would never end. The afternoon returned to normal, they had their playtime on the floor, which always made them tired. The bath and massage was next, then their dinner and bed. Emre called in the middle of bath time, " Can, Ms Gulden called and has decided to look at the models we selected, how did you pull that off? He asked, surprised at the change of mind. Can laughed, " Well it seems your niece didn't like her much, and decided to lose her lunch all over her." So she thought I might be better off where I am." He said, laughing. Emre couldn't believe what happened, but was glad they would still be able to work with them. 

With the babies down for the night, and everything else done, Sanem grabbed her notebook and went to the garden, Can followed her, " Are you writing tonight? He asked, ready to call it a night

" Yes, I have to," I have to record what happen today." She said leaning her head back. 

" This chapter  will be titled, " How Yilly helped save Daddy from the Wicked Witch of the East."....

" What do you think, my love"........