Chapter 8

I don't know when it happened, how it happened but I find myself sitting in front of the qazi Sahab. Blood red dupatta was draped on my head, it also covered half of my face.

No one asked me about my decision instead, they started to prepare for my Nikkah. Phopho came to me, patted my head, and just said, "Sabar karo Allah sab behtar karay ga Inshallah."

(Have patience, the Almighty God will make everything alright.)

I didn't even know if Yazan was willingly marrying me or he was forced too like me. They didn't let me out of Dadi's room, I didn't get a chance to talk to Yazan.

Baseer Taya called Baba, I was hoping that he would deny Taya by saying that he can't marry his daughter without his consent but instead this, he gave Taya the green signal. He was still in Pakistan but he refused to come as his close friend got in an accident and was in a critical state.

Silent tears were continuously falling from my eyes but no one took pity on me. Like always I was alone with no  shoulder to lean on.

The clearing of the throat bought me back to reality, I got to know that Qazi sahib was asking me the question which was going to change my life.
I closed my eyes and said those words

"Qabool ha."

"Qabool ha."

"Qabool ha."

My fate was sealed, I was married to Yazan Ibrahim khan.

Right then, when the Nikkah was completed, we heard the beeping noise of the heart monitor and in a matter of minutes, Dadi left this world.

*****

Two weeks passed by since Dadi's death but the grief was still there. Silence captured the Khan Haveli after its Queen died.

Baba also came but left after a day without talking to me.

I was in my room sitting and gazing at the tall trees from the window when the knocking of the door was heard.

Setting my dupatta over my head, I opened the door and there stood my husband. My heart started beating widely as I had no idea what to do.
He came inside and closed the door.

Wearing a dark knitted sweater with dark blue jeans his eyes looked more enchanting.

He cleared his throat and started to speak. "How are you?" He asked me gently, my heart flutter just listening to him.

I nodded hesitantly, he lowered his eyes, he was reluctant to say something but after taking a deep breath he uttered once again. "Let's sit somewhere, I want to talk to you."

He gestured me towards the sofa where he sat down and I crouched opposite of him.

Heaving a large sigh, he mumbled,
"When I was seven, nana came to Turkey, you were only two at that time, He came to ask something from Mummy, he asked me for you, at that time I didn't bother but after sometimes when he left, Mummy used to say that you would be my wife and one day we will both get married." He looked at me and again continued.

"Mummy told me that nani wanted you to marry Wali as she didn't know about nana's wish, listening to it, I thanked Allah that he made you my wife." I was shocked, he held my hand and took out a box from his pocket, a beautiful diamond ring was placed inside, he slides the ring on my ring finger.

After gazing in my eyes he said, "Nikkah Mubarak Mehmal Yazan Khan."

(Congratulations on wedding Mehmel Yazan Khan.)

My heart started to beat frantically, he stood up and left.

Locking the door, I placed my hand on my heart and tried to calm it down. He knew it before me and he willingly married me, no one forced him.

My emotions were everywhere but there was a part which was relived, a new hope developed in my heart, now I have someone I can proudly call mine, I have a shoulder to lean on, with these thoughts and a smile attached to my face I slept peacefully after a long time.

Hey! I'm sorry for the late update what can I say study made me busy but now I will try to update more frequently.
Tell me your thoughts I love to read your comments.
Stay safe.
Allah Hafiz.
Mk❤