5

Kamryn,

The next morning, I woke up refreshed and ready to tackle the day. Im peachy today and even decided to wear my nude color heels. (Multimedia) I put my hair in a bun and left my sideburns out and curled them. I put on my nude color earrings in and my rings. My Jean capris were satisfying too.

Heading downstairs, I spot my mother on the couch. The living room was a mess and she was drinking while she stared into space.

"Momma, you're up early." I say getting her attention. I noticed she looked like she had been crying and her face was kind of swollen on the left side. He smiled weakly and tried to hide what she was drinking.

"Good morning, Baby." She said changing the subject.

"Mom, are you okay?" I asked putting us back on subject.

"Im fine, Have a nice day at school." She said ending the conversation.

I gave her a hug in a kiss on the cheek. I can smell the alcohol on her and it I wanted to pour all of it out but I can't make a grown woman do anything.

"See you later, Momma. I love you." I said before walking out of the house.

------

Walking into the school was different today, knowing that Cara was gone. I felt a little more confident about myself despite the comments from yesterday. I strut to my locker and grabbed my belongings.

"Damn, ma" Some lightskinned guy said as he walked passed me standing at my locker. I blushed because he was attractive and no other guy ever looked at me like he did. I shut my locker and walked to class with a smile on my face.

Walking into the classroom, I see Mr.Brown with his eyes on his phone. Im earlier than usual and there's noone in here yet so I don't blame him for chilling.

"Good Morning." He said not looking up from his phone. I stopped infront of his desk.

"Good morning, umm, Did I leave my phone in here, yesterday?" I asked and he ignored me.

"After class." He answered after a 30 second pause. I wonder why he's so angry with me. What did I do?

"Umm.. Okay." I said as I walked away to my seat.

All class period, I was wondering why he had so much animosity towards me. I like got a bad vibe around him and I don't know why. I think he's still upset from the way I treated him on the second day of school but I think he deserved it.

When the bell rung, I decided to go up to his desk and have a little talk with him when I get my phone. Before I could speak, he reached into his drawer and pull my phone out and gave it to me.

"Thank you" I said and he just nodded. I hesitated to say more but he looked a me confused and I just had to break the silence. "For everything," I added. "And Im sorry for treating you the way I did when you were trying to help me. Im just not used to being helped."

He smiled but then straightened his facial expression. "No, Im sorry. I didn't know how serious it was. If you need anyone to talk to, you can talk to me, you know. I may not be a real teacher yet but I can always be a friend. You know, everyone needs a friend." He said. My face started to glow red, a smile grew on my face. I don't know why but I got a weird feeling in my stomach.

"Thank you, Mr.Brown." I thanked him.

"Call me, Chris." He held his hand of for me to shake it.

"Chris" I repeated and giggled.

"That's better, But you still gotta call me Mr.Brown. Just not when we're alone or out of school." He explained.

"Okay" I smiled.