The Last Day

Mario: Buddy now tell me how she finally confessed her feelings.

Dustin: Honestly that still makes me cry that how I proposed her.

FLASHBACK

"So here this meeting terminated. I'm really gratified to you, Elaine. If you're not here this three years long dispute would never end up into this deal. So perhaps we'll anticipate a short speech from you," Dustin remarked and everyone encouraged her with great applause. They made her flushtered. When her eyes collided with Dustin who was staring at her being fascinated by her red face. Noticing that she immediately shifted
gaze elsewhere. She thought, " No no no, not this gaze, please. It's burning me. Why, why it's me??"

She got up and stood at the front of the room, cleared her throat then started, " Thank you so much to you all but it's not just me, it's the result of everyone's hard work. I always considered you as my another family and so we did it amicably. It's impossible for me to do it alone."

While she was delivering the courteous speech Dustin stood beside her too. Within a nick of time the entire room astonished by him as he sat on the floor turning towards Elaine in posture of proposing with a blue box of ring in his hand. She was that much shocked, not a single word came out form her mouth. Discontinued her speech she covered her mouth by her palms. Before respond anything she realised that the ring was already on her ring finger. Her blood pressure increased and she felt a rush in her body. Everyone started to congrats them but she was black out. Neither she abled to leave the room in the cheering crowd.

Dustin wispered in her ear, "Don't need to hide, I know your reason of glum."

"Then better you shouldn't, this temopral joy will give you nothing."

"But the same you told me to live like there's no tomorrow, " Dustin whispered again. Everyone started to take pictures and Elaine stood there like a doll.

After that she dragged him into his cabin and locked from inside. She yelled," Tell me why this idea crossed your mind. We can't have such relation between us."

"Idea!!! So you think it's kind of a plan then let me tell it's not. You returned music in my life. Before that my life was a drawing without any colour, a piano without it's tune. You filled my hollow. Once I was a lunatic pianist then think how I suffered without it."

"Please I'm not the person who can fill someone's vacant life. Why!!! Why you can't understand my life's over, may be less than a year or even shorter is left. Let me fade away, make that piano a reason to live, not me because you'll get hurted at the end," she started weeping.

"Elaine, at least let me be a part of your depression and suffering. Tell me what should I play to make you happy. Let my music cherish your smile...."

Her eyes were full of tears, she then unbuttoned her shirt. When her skin exposed he observed there were sores on her chest, abdomen, hands. Though he didn't stared at her bare skin and faced elsewhere.

"This is the reason I don't wear anything except full sleeves or baggy garments. I avoid to take lunch with others for lack of my appetite. I avoid share my room and stop my medication, I take short and long leaves for blood transfusion. Dustin, I've Leukemia....my time's almost over. So let me die, don't intertwine yourself with my destination."