Chapter 3

Eric

"Kerry, Cancel all my meetings for today," I told my assistant. It was only morning, but I very well knew that I wouldn't be able to do any work today. It has been the same for the past three years. Today was the day I divorced that cunning woman, Lana, calling her this somehow still hurts me because somewhere a part of me still loves her. Even though she was the one who cheated on me. I didn't know why I felt so guilty? Why it felt like there was a part missing from me like I had made the biggest mistake of my life? I remember the tears she shed when I ordered her to sign the divorce papers. I loved her a lot, she was everything to me, my sun, my life, my world. I gave her everything and all I got was the bitter taste of betrayal from her. I still remember that  night she betrayed me. I could feel the raw pain still lingering in my heart by remembering her betrayal.

FLASHBACK

A week back I was sent some intimate photos of Lana.

....
TO READ MORE GO ON RADISH

After that day, my life has never been the same. My father helped me with all the needed help with divorce. Living in Nevada came with perks of having it done in weeks. After my threats to Lana she has easily went with the divorce crying and sobbing all the time. Her tears were just crocodile tears, she had never loved me. Her betrayal had changed me forever. I had drowned myself in the bitter and burning taste of alcohol. It was not easy for me to forgive her at all. I had loved her with all my heart and I just couldn't let her go like that from it. Even though she was gone out of my life she had left her impression all over me. I couldn't function without her with my broken heart after the divorce. However, with the passing of my time, I had built myself again but by building up hatred for Lana. I have grown to replace the hurt and pain from her betrayal by loathing.

I still remember the comfort inside me from seeing her teary. The comfort I had felt hearing her cries, her running out of that room was worth remembering.

I was thankful and glad that I hadn't seen her for a long time and I wanted to keep it that way. There is a feeling of contentment in me, however, even after this all my heart knew I would never be the same. Eric, me, that once fell in love with Lana, who presented all of me and my love at her feet would never be the same like before. A part of my heart in which she has made her place was still there, but now I have learned to replace it with hatred for her rather than love.

I pray to never see her again. It took me long enough to come over her betrayal and to be happy again. But I don't know yet why I spend this day away from everyone. My heart still had a bit of longing for her which I never could replace with hatred. It longed to have a glimpse of her and make my day as it did before her betrayal. I can't control that part of me, but wished more and more that I could and I won't see her ever again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TO READ MORE WITHOUT ADS GO  TO

RADISH......