Chapter 1

Lana

"Wake up Ally," I yelled from the kitchen while making breakfast.

"Five more minutes Lana," Ally yelled back.

"No get your fat ass out of the room or we will be late" I sternly told while barging into her room. Much to my dismay, she snuggled more into the covers the getting out.

She is really childish at sometimes, but there exist only one best way to wake her up.

"Allyyyyy..... Be ready for a bath in bed!" I said in an evil funny tone. Suddenly the girl in the covers woke up like lightning struck her. She kept on chanting "I'm up. I'm up. I'm up". She calmed down and looked at me with narrowed eyes and with a cute pout said

"That was very bad of you Lana," 

Ally short for Allison is a 22-year-old a friendly charismatic girl whom I lived with. Don't be fooled by her wide green puppy eyes and that cute pout. She at times is a devil in disguise. Now That was a lie. She is sexy a hell when she dresses up and for the rest of time she dressed like a kid. She found me outside her workplace sobbing when I was struggling with the worst time of my life. She was younger than me but was a perfect mix of a mature person and a child.

"You did the same with me, Ally Belly when I used to stay glued to my bed."

"Hey! it was different than, you used to stay glued to bed for days and starve yourself and - "She cut herself off before she could say anymore. She looked away and stared at anything else but me.

"Yeah, yeah, I know that. Now as you are wide awake, get ready we leave in 20." I tried my best trying to be strict which somehow was impossible for me resulting in making  Ally smile.

"I will be down in 10." She rushed to the bathroom like a maniac with those words in her mouth.

Ally knew that I didn't like to talk about my dark days, so she did try her best not to bring them up. It happens at times like this when she is sleepy or grumpy but would stop soon enough as the realization sets in. Walking down, I adjusted my clothes and set breakfast for her. We both worked in the same restaurant. She was a waitress while I was an accountant and a part-time singer too. It being the only way for me to socialize, Ally said from time to time. I looked at the time and we had to be out in like five and Ally had yet to come.

Just as I was about to call for her she was out and eating her breakfast like a hungry cat.

"I'm done" she yelled enthusiastically. God, she loves to act like a child. We made it to work just in time.

"Morning Rick," I said to our handsome, sexy boss, according to Ally. He is a good looking man at 28 and Ally has told many times that we both could be a good couple, but she knew well I was not ready. It had been years, but I still can't forget what I went through. At the age of  25, I was not ready once again to be in a relationship again.

"Morning beautiful ladies," he said to both of us with a small smile.

"I'm going to get changed for work," Ally said walking to the staff room while stomping her feet.

"Let me guess, grumpy morning?" Rick asked me chuckling with amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Yeah, but I got it under control," I said proudly. Rick knew my ways to wake her up. He was there for me like Ally was. Many people knew me in this small town of Florida, say mostly, everyone here socializes and are friendly, there doesn't exist any'fake' here.

Ally, Rick, and Mr. & Mrs. Anthony knew all about me and my past. They were my angels in the dark.

Greeting some staff members I moved into my office and got on starting my day by engrossing myself into files.