I Got the Music

[ Bobby! ]

[ Bobby! ]

"Yeah, ok. Home is where my hours is? Reggie stop putting you country songs in my journal. "Luke said "that was a gift."Reggie said "thanks buddy. "Luke said "you should maybe circle back.."Reggie starts but I put my hand over his mouth. "I dog-eared the ones that I think you and Kim would slay. "Luke said. "Who's Emily?"she asked "yeah who's Emily"I said and Alex nudges me and whispers in my ear."ohh never mind"I said "that one's not dog-eared. "If you could only know that I never let you go" wow Luke I didn't know you were such a romantic. "Julie teases. "He's not. That one's actually about-" "no one. Uh that's just something that I tried and ... But if you go to the next dog-eared page, I got a tune that's just its got a killer beat"Luke cuts Alex off and plays his riff.

"So you wanna sample. "She asked "what do you mean "sample"?"he asked "sample someone else's music. Me and my mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs at the time. Its a classic Trevor Wilson song. "She said "nope. Its a classic our song. "Luke said " pure Sunset curve. Never even heard of Trevor Wilson."I said " maybe you're mixing it up you know with another song" Alex said. " I don't mix up songs trust me me and his daughter used to be best friends. I used to hang out at their place all the time. I know that song."she says "okay"Alex said

"Here. I'll prove it. "Julie said " his first album had a bunch of hits but none of his latest stuff is as good. "She said and showed a picture of freaking Bobby. "That's bobby"Luke said. " seriously I just told you his name is Trevor."Julie said "ok, great. Then he changed it"I said annoyed. " that's definitely Bobby. He was our old  Rhythm  guitarist"Alex says " Trevor Wilson was in your band"she scoffed "yes and his name is Bobby"I almost shout and Reggie grabs my hand.

" I can't get over how old he is. "Reggie said " he looks like a substitute teacher"Alex said. "Jules...what were his other hits"I asked "get lost"she said "yeah I wrote that."Luke said "long weekend?"she asked "yeah, Luke and Kim wrote that"Reggie said "Crooked teeth?"she asked "and that. It was about Reggie"Alex said. In our defiance it was a joke. "What I thought is was about you! I don't like that song anymore"Reggie said and I just sit in a chair. "This is... Freaking me out. Trevor's songs are kinda of big to me. He's the one that introduced me to rock." Julie said "yeah. Luke and Kim introduced you to rock." Alex said " so this whole time I thought you where connected to my mom. But instead you're connected to Carrie's dad?"Julie asked "I need a moment "I said "Kim wait"Luke said but I ghost jumped out.
_

I walked in my old house and went to my room. I seen my mom sleeping in my bed. I smile and sit in my bean bag chair. Tears fall down my face when I hear my dad crying in the next room. This house always did have thin walls.

Who put the baby in charge?
It's already hard to buy all the parts and learn to use them
Who put the world on my back and not in my hands
Just give me a chance

Listen to my mama, listen to my dad
Listen to my sisters, everyone relax
Everybody answers shit I didn't ask
Think I'm reaching my limit

Can I exhale for a minute?
Can I get this out in the open?
Can I sit down for a second?
Can I breathe?
Can I exhale for a minute?
Can we talk it out? I don't get it
Can I calm down for a moment?
Can I breathe for just one second?

I put too much weight on words and glances
I, I put too much weight on situations
I, I put too much on myself
Thinking "I don't deserve what I've earned", but yeah

I listen to the labels, listen to the man
Try to keep a sense of knowing who I am
I try to be an angel but I don't think I can
Think I'm reaching my limits, yeah

Can I exhale for a minute?
Can I get this out in the open?
Can I sit down for a second?
Can I breathe?
Can I exhale for a minute?
Can we talk it out? I don't get it
Can I calm down for a moment?
Can I breathe for just one second, baby?

Can I breathe?
Can I breathe?
Can I breathe?
Can I breathe?
Can I breathe?
Can I breathe?

Na na na, na na na, nay

"Kimmy? "Luke poofed in. I stand up and wiped my tears "how did you find me"I asked "Alex told me"he said and pulled me into his arms."we're gonna be okay . we are gonna get back at him I promise "he said and kisses my forehead and I just close my eyes feeling a peace in his arms.
_

The boys and I walked into a party that Alex friend Willie taken us to meet his friend to help us get back at Bobby. "So this is where your hotshots ghost live huh?"Luke asked a little upset. I rub my thumb against his to calm him down a bit. "Yeah, we walked past this hotel like a million times. How come we never heard of it?"Alex asked.
"That's because this area has been sealed off for decades.I mean you wouldn't even know this place exists unless you're invited. Alright. I gotta make sure everything's coo, I'll be right back"willie said and leaves. "The Hollywood Ghost Club? This place is creepy."Reggie said "yeah well so are we"Alex said "I am not"I hit his arm. "Isn't she cute"he asked and kisses my cheek and I blush. "Yeah very"he glares at me rubbing his arm.